Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

My 14.5 month old Poops ALL THE TIME

Does anyone know if this is somewhat normal?  I swear EVERY time we change his diaper there is poop in it.  He loves to eat, and of course when he eats bananas its worse, but still.  The past 6 diapers from yesterday to today have had poo in them. 

He used to be a "once a day" pooper...I miss those days.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My 14.5 month old Poops ALL THE TIME

• Not sure if that's normal ... I don't think it is.  Are his stools runny?  

Has his diet changed?   Is he teething?

Usually bananas are binding!   LOL 

• His stools range from more solid to less solid, and his diet hasn't really changed.  Maybe he is drinking too much milk? 

He is teething.  He is constantly teething.  I think he is getting 3 more teeth right now.  He's already got 11!!!

• Loading the player...
  • DS goes 3-4 times per day and has been like that for a long time now.  It's not every diaper, but in the morning we usually have 2-3 poopy diapers and then 1 in the evening. 
  • We have 3-4 diapers of poop, but he's often constipated...so it's just a little here and there.  If he's not constipated and has a good poop, then it's usually 1-2 for that day.
  • DS is like clock work. 2 times a day everyday. Once in a while he will go 3 times.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Due December 16, 2012! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wow, that is a lot!  He is a once a day pooper always in the late morning.  I'm expecting his poop in about an hour.
  • My 15-month old poops a lot too.  Her pedi says it may be because she is still BFing.  Are you still nursing?  With that said, she gets a lot of fiber in her diet, so I think that's the reason.
  • My LO goes 4-5 times a day.  He always has - and he eats a lot!  He's not in pain and does not have runny stool, so I think this is normal for us.  He was BF for the first 12 mos, so he went more than formula feeders.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imageLucky428:
    Wow, that is a lot!  He is a once a day pooper always in the late morning.  I'm expecting his poop in about an hour.

This made me laugh.  DD ranges from once to three times per day.   Beans and apple sauce seem to be the triggers for the three poop days.   They don't bother her otherwise, so I haven't been limiting them.  

• I've heard it's healthy to have bowel movements after each meal.  It means he's digesting what he needs and getting rid of the rest.  As long as he doesn't appear to be in pain and the stools aren't loose, I wouldn't be concerned.  With that said, my DD DOES have more frequent poopy diapers when she's in the middle of hardcore teething (we just got in the 4 molars and she definitely had more dirty and STINKY diapers that had a very distinct smell which I related to the drool changing the acidity in her belly). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"