TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Crappy day

Just found out one of my friends is expecting twins. She keeps telling me I will have a baby soon and maybe twins because I'm meant to have twins. I told her how high risk that would be and she doesn't get it. After telling me today she is expecting she told me I need to go to church and pray more and it will happen for me. She has had a few losses so you think she would understand, but she doesn't seem to understand how sad I still am over my losses. For now I'm just hiding her on fb.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

Re: Crappy day

• Options
    Wow, gee wiz.  I wish it was as easy as praying. That just makes my blood boil.  It comes back to that whole religious thing.  Laura.... hold me back before I turn into the hulk or something..........
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

That is ridiculous for someone who has had losses! Plenty of people pray lots and still have losses so WTF. That is just plain awful.

I hate when people get pg and forget the pain they felt before, and become all AW-y about their pregnancy.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry... I had a best friend who I hardly speak to now because she just doesn't get it. It's just easier. I hope one day we can be friends again.
  • Options
    After my best friend (the most awesome and sympathetic person in the world) got pregnant on the first try and then proceeded to tell me that if I relax, it will happen, I've come to the conclusion that no matter how awesome a person is and no matter how much they understand your pain, once they are pregnant they sort of forget about all that. Everything becomes happiness and to be honest, I am kind of jealous for that kind of bliss. I don't think they mean to hurt us with their words and actions. I think hiding her for now is a great idea and I also think that being honest when talking to her is called for. If she says to pray again, tell her that you know she means well but that kind of advice just upsets you and you would appreciate her not saying things like that to you anymore.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry hon. What a crappy thing for her to say.
  • Options

Sorry you had a crappy day and you have to put up with such insensitivity (((hugs)))

TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks I just hid her, I figure if she is acting this way at only 6 weeks along she will just get worse. I'm just so tired of my friends not understanding how hard this is for me. Especially when I feel like it's never going to happen.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options
    I am so sorry :(
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Options

imageBabyMimi:
    After my best friend (the most awesome and sympathetic person in the world) got pregnant on the first try and then proceeded to tell me that if I relax, it will happen, I've come to the conclusion that no matter how awesome a person is and no matter how much they understand your pain, once they are pregnant they sort of forget about all that. Everything becomes happiness and to be honest, I am kind of jealous for that kind of bliss. I don't think they mean to hurt us with their words and actions. I think hiding her for now is a great idea and I also think that being honest when talking to her is called for. If she says to pray again, tell her that you know she means well but that kind of advice just upsets you and you would appreciate her not saying things like that to you anymore.

This!  (Couldn't have put it better myself.)

I'm so sorry your friend is too fogged up with happy hormones to relate to you right now.  :(  Sounds like what you're doing has the best chance of preserving your friendship.  Hope it works.   

• Options

Eww.. definitely hide her. I'm sorry hon. ((hugs))

BFP 12/18/2009. HB 1/4/2010. NO HB 1/18/2010. D&C 1/19/2010
    April 2011 IUI #1 BFN. High FSH and other issues.
    May 2011 Chose to build our family through adoption
    September 2011 Actively waiting for a match
    11/26/11 Surprise BFP * DD born 7/23/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow that is awful.  I'm so sorry :(
  • Options
    I am so sorry, that was very insensitive of her. I can't stand when someone says that if I pray I will be blessed.
  • Options
    I'm sorry.  She sucks to have said all that stuff to you.
    imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • Options
    I am so sorry. HIDE  for sure.
  • Options
    That's ridiculous.  Definitely time to hide her.
    Connor Thomas 6/6/08. Discovered missed miscarriage at 17 wks 3 days, D&C 11/25/09. Please, please, please - BFP 5/21/11, EDD 2/1/11. Beta@12DPO=52, Beta@14DPO=158. U/S 7/7/11 shows strong baby measuring a couple days ahead!!! Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"