Infertility

Alternating sides for injections?

This sounds like a silly question to me, and I'm guessing I'll hear, "No it doesn't matter" but I'm still curious.

My RE told me to alternate sides of my stomach that I do my Gonal F injections in every night.  (So one side doesn't get more 'bruised' than the other, even though I don't bruise anyway?  Because it's medically necessary?  I don't know...)  When I went for my monitoring appt yesterday, only my right ovary has any lead follicles.  So...does it make sense to still alternate sides, or should I only inject on the right side?  I'm assuming that it doesn't matter and no matter where you inject it, both ovaries will be affected by the meds but it still made me wonder.

Thanks!

Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
DX: High FSH/DOR
It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Alternating sides for injections?

• I usually did one side lupron (in am), other side follistim/menopur cocktail (pm) on the other, and then swtiched in the am.

You don't need to switch sides though.   There were times I did the same side and it was fine!

• i always switch sides but it;s just what people "should do" when injecting...hormones, insulin.  you can even move above/below belly button.  your body is what decides where the hormones get used, not the side they are injected. "normal" people who regularly ovulate on their own get their hormones from the anterior pituitary gland in the brain. so we get to put ours closer to be absorbed :)
    09.10=ectopic m/c, methotrexate tx 12.11-1.11=unknown m/c, D&C for genetics testing. <a href="http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e263/jenrdh01/theBump Siggy/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • I rotate R thigh, belly, L thigh and go round robin.  Now that I will be up to 300 iu of Follistim twice a day it is REALLY important to rotate sites.  The higher doses have caused bruising and welts :(

• When I was doing follistim for me IUI I would do one on the left, one below, and then the right and repeat.
    TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • I alternated sides, however, I think my right side took the shots better than my left.  I bruised slightly on my left. 
  • It's good to switch your injection sites around so it's maximally absorbed.  You can develop scarring in the tissue which could affect how it is absorbed.  HTH.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    TTC #2 since 9/09 --- mild PCOS; Endometriosis
    IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"