Baby Showers
Options

hostess gifts

When are you going to give the hostess her gift? I am not sure if there is a proper time or just whenever the timing is right.

Re: hostess gifts

• Options
    Surprise  I have to give the hostess a gift?  What do you give?  The hostesses are my mom and best friend. 
  • Options

In my group of friends - it's not expected to give a hostess gift. Nor have I ever received one for throwing a shower. I do it out of the kindness of my heart and expect nothing in return.

If I were to give a hostess gift - I think something sweet would suffice- or some flowers, a thank you card, etc. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm giving mine at the end of the shower.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Think simple... bottle of wine usually works!  I would give a small something...the hostess most likely spent all day cleaning and prepping their house for your party.  They also most likely spent a good amount of money/time on food preperation.  Flowers or an orchid are also good ideas if they are not wine people.

Jessica

• Options

Think simple... bottle of wine usually works!  I would give a small something...the hostess most likely spent all day cleaning and prepping their house for your party.  They also most likely spent a good amount of money/time on food preperation.  Flowers or an orchid are also good ideas if they are not wine people.  I usually give it either right away before the party or the next time I see them-some time that is discreet.

Jessica

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"