Cloth Diapering

Cloth wipes - what's best?

Okay, so I think I have a handle on CDing now (for the moment) but I'm still using disposable wipes.  What suggestions do you have for cloth wipes?  What material seems to wipe better?  I tried the Circo wash clothes (since I had some) but wasn't too thrilled with how they felt when I wiped his bum, if that makes any sense?  Just wondering what you have tried and what you've liked best.  TIA!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Cloth wipes - what's best?

• I like the Thirsties ones for pee & the Kissaluvs ones for poop.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • I made some out of cotton flannel and terry cloth - cut out 8 inch squares and sewed together.  I like those for the combo of soft flannel and terry to grab the poop.  I used remnants from Joann's -- total cost was $10 for 3 dozen wipes.  We also use some Circo washcloths but they do seem a little rough. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • The Kissaluvs ones are my favorites. I got rid of a bunch of random wipes and stocked up on those. LOVE them.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imageGypsyEsq:
    I made some out of cotton flannel and terry cloth - cut out 8 inch squares and sewed together.  I like those for the combo of soft flannel and terry to grab the poop.  I used remnants from Joann's -- total cost was $10 for 3 dozen wipes.  We also use some Circo washcloths but they do seem a little rough. 

THe ones where I sewed washcloths to flannel (gerber washcloths and soe that were from Target of unknown brand--they were on clearance and are soft) are my faves--better than just a washcloth and better than the ones that I made form 2 layers of flannel.  

and really, not difficult, seeing as I can barely sew :-)

• As a side question... What do you guys use with the cloth wipes? Just water? Or a special spray, oils, etc??

Thanks!

• imageGypsyEsq:
    I made some out of cotton flannel and terry cloth - cut out 8 inch squares and sewed together.  I like those for the combo of soft flannel and terry to grab the poop.  I used remnants from Joann's -- total cost was $10 for 3 dozen wipes.  We also use some Circo washcloths but they do seem a little rough. 

I was thinking about doing just that!  Seems like it would be a lot cheaper and I could make a bunch!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagestefanieleigh:

As a side question... What do you guys use with the cloth wipes? Just water? Or a special spray, oils, etc??

Thanks!

Fold your cloth wipes in thirds length-wise and place in a "shoe box" sized plastic container with tightly securing lid.

Gather the following ingredients: lavender essential oil (not fragrance oil!), rosewater & glycerin, aloe vera gel, and castor oil.

In a bowl, place about 1 cup's amount of aloe vera gel. Add to this the lavender oil, about 7 drops, and about 1/2 cup of rosewater & glycerin. Mix very well with a wooden spoon. When well mixed, add about 3 tablespoons of castor oil, and mix again. If the solution is still "thick", add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until you have a liquid solution that can be poured.

Pour the cleaning solution over the cloth wipes in the plastic container, and place the lid. The solution will make its way through the layers of cloth within a few hours and be ready for use.

Alternative: Instead of combining the solution over the cloth wipes, you can store each separately. Place the cleaning solution in a 4-8 oz. bottle and when ready to use, mix 1/4 cup wash with 1/4 cup warm water

Taken from https://www.associatedcontent.com/article/18997/how_to_make_natural_baby_wipes_pg2.html?cat=25

• imagestefanieleigh:

As a side question... What do you guys use with the cloth wipes? Just water? Or a special spray, oils, etc??

Thanks!

BG bottom cleaner.  not the most economical choice, but I love the way it smells. 

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • I bought some cotton babies wipes and I hate them, they crinkle up and don't lay flat.  So definitely don't get those.  I forget what brand my other wipes are, I'll have to look at the tag. 

I use water and a small amount of baby wash in a spray bottle for my wipe solution.  I just spray each wipe before using.  

DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I use thirsties wipes & love them but haven't tried anything else for comparison. I put water in my spray bottle with a squirt of baby soap and a squirt of baby oil :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"