Natural Birth

Another Q - red raspberry leaf tea?

Anyone drink(ing) this toward the end of your pregnancy?  I'm curious as to if you think it helped with your delivery or not.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Another Q - red raspberry leaf tea?

• I drank a ton of it last time, and dilated and delivered pretty quickly without much pushing. I have no idea how much the tea helped or if it was other factors & anatomy though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Like pp, I can't say for sure if it helped or if it was anatomy or other factors, but I drank the tea and took EPO capsules and had a relatively quick and easy labor & delivery (water broke at 1am, real contrax at 3am, had DS at 12:45pm).  I'll definitely drink it again next time.
  • Loading the player...
  • My MW suggested this 3-4 times a day and primrose oil 2-3 times a day. I am doing the primrose oil, but the directions for the raspberry leaf tea say to "steep" the bag . . . I have no idea what that means so I haven't made any yet.
  • I drank it the first two tri's and switched to Nettle Tea for the last tri bc it helps with leg cramps.  I'm not a huge tea drinker so I wasn't up for drinking both multi times a day.  Those were suggestions from my MW.
  • imageDonnaAndJay:
    My MW suggested this 3-4 times a day and primrose oil 2-3 times a day. I am doing the primrose oil, but the directions for the raspberry leaf tea say to "steep" the bag . . . I have no idea what that means so I haven't made any yet.

It means to brew the tea. Put the bag in a cup of boiling water. For herbal teas I like to cover the cup and let it brew for at least 10 minutes. I let the RRL tea brew overnight and drink it iced.  I make 2 liters at a time and drink about 3 cups a day right now.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• imagepepomntpat:

imageDonnaAndJay:
    My MW suggested this 3-4 times a day and primrose oil 2-3 times a day. I am doing the primrose oil, but the directions for the raspberry leaf tea say to "steep" the bag . . . I have no idea what that means so I haven't made any yet.

It means to brew the tea. Put the bag in a cup of boiling water. For herbal teas I like to cover the cup and let it brew for at least 10 minutes. I let the RRL tea brew overnight and drink it iced.  I make 2 liters at a time and drink about 3 cups a day right now.

Ahh. Thanks!

• Great!  Thanks ladies!

• I've read that it only helps with strengthening the ute. A couple of my friends swear by it.

I started drinking it on Tuesday and started to get little surges almost immediately. Who knows - it could be a coincidence with my body preparing for labor. I'm drinking 3-4 cups a day.

I was a big green tea drinker before getting pg. So, it's been nice to drink tea again - especially as the fall weather emerges.

I'm about to have my second cup....with a chocolate chip cookie. Stick out tongue

• imageSpinFreak13:

I've read that it only helps with strengthening the ute. A couple of my friends swear by it.

I started drinking it on Tuesday and started to get little surges almost immediately. Who knows - it could be a coincidence with my body preparing for labor. I'm drinking 3-4 cups a day.

I was a big green tea drinker before getting pg. So, it's been nice to drink tea again - especially as the fall weather emerges.

I'm about to have my second cup....with a chocolate chip cookieStick out tongue

lol  Nice!  :o)

• I've heard even better things about chocolate chip cookies!
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • RRL is a uterine strengthener, not a uterine stimulant.  It won't cause contractions, so if you are feeling something after drinking it, it is coincidence.  B/c it doesn't cause contractions, it is safe and recommended to drink all throughout pregnancy to give the tea enough time to actually tone the uterine muscles (it's like going to the gym -- you aren't going notice an increase in your bicep strength after one week of lifting some weights).

Traditional Medicinals makes a pregnancy tea blend that has both RRL and nettle in it, plus spearmint.  It is great for 1st tri morning sickness, and as a pp noted, the nettle will given iron and blood to all the muscles of the body, thus decreasing leg cramps in 3 rd tri.  It tastes much better than just straight RRL tea, in my opinion.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCheriCO:
    Like pp, I can't say for sure if it helped or if it was anatomy or other factors, but I drank the tea and took EPO capsules and had a relatively quick and easy labor & delivery (water broke at 1am, real contrax at 3am, had DS at 12:45pm).  I'll definitely drink it again next time.

I could have posted this, almost word for word.

RR tea & EPO - why not?  Can't hurt, could help.

Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • imagemissfire:
    I drank a ton of it last time, and dilated and delivered pretty quickly without much pushing. I have no idea how much the tea helped or if it was other factors & anatomy though.

Ditto this. I plan on drinking a lot of it again this time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
  • imagelindsayll:

imageCheriCO:
    Like pp, I can't say for sure if it helped or if it was anatomy or other factors, but I drank the tea and took EPO capsules and had a relatively quick and easy labor & delivery (water broke at 1am, real contrax at 3am, had DS at 12:45pm).  I'll definitely drink it again next time.

I could have posted this, almost word for word.

RR tea & EPO - why not?  Can't hurt, could help.

• imagechristina627:
    I drank it the first two tri's and switched to Nettle Tea for the last tri bc it helps with leg cramps.  I'm not a huge tea drinker so I wasn't up for drinking both multi times a day.  Those were suggestions from my MW.

Or better yet get a blend that has both in it! I'm drinking a blend of RRL, nettle leaf, alfalfa, and peppermint from here, https://www.bulkherbstore.com/MRRB?s=red%20raspberry%20leaf

I didn't drink the tea but started taking a tincture that had RRL and a lot of other stuff in it, and if it wasn't for my bulging bag of waters keeping me from dilating I would have had a pretty fast labor (it ended up being 16 hours, still not that long). This time around I am drinking the tea that I mentioned above, two cups a day since 14 weeks.

252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"