Cloth Diapering

Has anyone tried the Sunbaby Diapers?

Hello,

I am an expectant new mommy, and I am considering cloth diapers. I was going to stock up on the BumGenius 3.0, but I found these on ebay which are a bit cheaper than the BG.

https://cgi.ebay.com/1-SUNBABY-3-0-ONE-SIZE-SNAPS-CLOTH-DIAPER-1-INSERT-/250689180707?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5e3d5423

So I was wondering if anyone has tried this brand yet, do you recommend it? Problems with it? Let me know, if you have any other brands you recommend. Thanks

Re: Has anyone tried the Sunbaby Diapers?

• I bought them and can honestly say don't do it.  They are cut VERY small, my 18 lb 8 month old was on the largest setting and she's in the 50 percentile, so not large at all.  They also leak!  I think it's because the fleece around the leg is cut out too far so when it wicks the pee away from the baby, it goes right onto the onsie.  I use the FLIP diaper and LOVE it!  No stuffing pockets (not really that big a deal, but I hated it for some reason) you just lay the insert in and go.  You toss the insert and replace with a new one when it's soaked.  JMO  Good Luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have heard mostly good things about them, but I have never tried them myself.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I havent tried them, but I did buy one just to see how it compared to the bumgenius and fuzzibunz I already own. My baby is not here yet, so I havent used them. They look really cute, and I hope they work well because they cost so much less than the other brands.

They do look like they are a trimmer fit, so I don't think they will work well with bigger babies with thicker legs, however, if your child has skinny legs, they may be perfect.

They have a fleece inner for the pocket, but compared to the fuzzibunz and the bumgenius I own, I don't think the quality of the inner on the sunbaby is as good. Its not as thick, and looks like it won't last as long.  

Lots of people love these diapers, many others don't. I'm going to try the one I own, and hope for the best. If not, I'm only out 6 bucks. I wouldn't invest much more into this type of diaper until I know for sure.

• I have 40 of them and LOVE THEM!  I love the fit, and we have no leaks unless they are totally saturated.  Plus, since I got so many they were only $3.90/ea.
  • I haven't used them...but word on the street regarding all the knock off ebay diapers is you get what you pay for. That being said, I wouldn't stock up on one of ANY diaper until LO gets here.  You may find they don't work well for you or fit your baby and then you're stuck with an entire stash of them.  Variety is the spice of life.
    photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • I have one and it is always in the bottom of the pile and last to be used, they are terrible, the fit is awful and it is not as soft as the fuzzibunz or the BGs. I don't recommend waisting your money on them. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"