Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

so is it just my kid who HATES having their nose wiped?

He has a runny nose and has crusties and everything else and I have to pretty much pin him down to wipe his nose! Any tips ladies?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: so is it just my kid who HATES having their nose wiped?

• Options

We are going through the same thing.  The only tip I have is I do it on the changing table and I hold his arms down with one hand and try to get his nose cleaned with the other hand. 

He acts as if I'm torturing him, screams so loud, and thrashes his head back and forth, but usually I'm able to make some sort of progress. 

It's easier if I have DH because one of us will hold his body still while the other one cleans his nose. 

• Options
    Boogie wipes help with the crusties. But so does squirting saline spray on a tissue.  That's all I got. I have to wrestle too. Sometimes the sneak attack works well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would 2nd get some boogie wipes they are great 
  • Options
    OMG, Jackson acts like I am trying to kill him.  He has had a runny nose for weeks now, so needless to say, I have had my fair share of trying to deal with this Huh?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hannah was like this too, anymore she likes to take a baby wipe and wipe her nose and blow it too!  If it's really crusty I'll use the salin spray. The only way I can get her to lay still is if I act like it's a game "I'm gooooonnnna getcha!" and shot it up her nose. THen squeaze her nostrils together a few times to get it all moist up there and use the bulb to suck them out.
  • Options
    Same here. And, forget wiping her face after she eats. I just do it as quickly as I can. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

This is my son as well! I do not have any advice but you aren't alone. He has twice now used me as a boogie suppository, rubbing his sweet face on me to get his boogies out! Eww!

• Options
    LOL it is comforting to know I'm not alone. But I will be on the hunt for those boogie wipes..I had no idea there was such a thing! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"