TTC After a Loss

feeling like I don't belong...

I really like the idea of the upcoming "I am the face" campain, and want to get involved, but I'm not sure what counts as a misscarriage. 

We had a very much wanted and planned pregnancy and found out the baby had serious complications at 12 weeks. We were told the baby wouldn't be "compatible with life" and chose to end the pregnancy at that point rather than wait and then have to deliver a still born. Is this still considered a miscarrige?

Re: feeling like I don't belong...

• " I am the face" isn't just miscarriage, it's pregnancy and infant loss. It encompasses all moms who lost a little one no matter the circumstances. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagenoah-bear:
    " I am the face" isn't just miscarriage, it's pregnancy and infant loss. It encompasses all moms who lost a little one no matter the circumstances. 

This.

• Loading the player...
  • Yes!  What PPs said!  

Please look at our blog and check out the Our Stories tab.  damabo is a poster here who has a story similar to yours.  She submitted a story to FOL.  The link is in the bottom of my siggy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageshanna82:

Yes!  What PPs said!  

Please look at our blog and check out the Our Stories tab.  damabo is a poster here who has a story similar to yours.  She submitted a story to FOL.  The link is in the bottom of my siggy. 

This

• The pp's hit the nail on the head. You lost a child and it is just as painful. If you want to share your story than do it!

• Your story may help others who have gone through the same thing feel like they DO belong!  I encourage you to submit your story!
  • Thank you ladies. I don't know why but I am tearing up right now! I just felt like some people might feel like I "chose" to  the end the pregnancy, but I am mourning the loss of this very wanted baby.
  • imageBrooklynmommy:
    Thank you ladies. I don't know why but I am tearing up right now! I just felt like some people might feel like I "chose" to  the end the pregnancy, but I am mourning the loss of this very wanted baby.

Of course you are honey!  No one here will EVER say you chose this.  You and your DH made a decision that was best for you and for your baby.  **hugs** 

• You really should submit your story. I am so sorry for your loss, that is heartbreaking. If someone else can relate to your story then it will be more than worth it to make them not feel alone! I really felt alone until I found this board and the mc/pl loss board. We all have to stick together to make the "elephant" in the room disappear! (no offense "Ellie" :)
  • I'm so sorry for your loss *hugs*  Your story is more than welcome on FOL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"