Trouble TTC
Options

Confession - did I get scammed?

We've been TTC for a year now & I have a confession to make.  Last month I clicked on one of those ttc facebook ads to see what it was about.  Feel free to make fun of me if this was total scam or correct me if it's for real & I'm being a a doubting Thomas.  Basically, I paid like $20 for online access to a book that was guaranteed to get you pregnant in 2 months or your money back.  The first 2/3 was normal, stuff about vitamins, de-stressing, accupunture, etc, etc that I've heard time & time again.  Then it got, what I might consider, a little odd...  It started w/ a detox diet (ok), with a fasting period (um, well, never done detox before, but alright) & something about lots of enemas, no cheese, limited to no citrus, & got really crazy restrictive.  

So what's your opinion on this?  Total crap or on to something? 

Re: Confession - did I get scammed?

• Options

Honestly, I cannot tell you if you got scammed or not, although I would bet you may have... anything that guarantees you get pregnant like that can't be all its cracked up to be. If that were the case it would put RE's out of business imo.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
  • Options
    imagecaschaeffer:

We've been TTC for a year now & I have a confession to make.  Last month I clicked on one of those ttc facebook ads to see what it was about.  Feel free to make fun of me if this was total scam or correct me if it's for real & I'm being a a doubting Thomas.  Basically, I paid like $20 for online access to a book that was guaranteed to get you pregnant in 2 months or your money back.  The first 2/3 was normal, stuff about vitamins, de-stressing, accupunture, etc, etc that I've heard time & time again.  Then it got, what I might consider, a little odd...  It started w/ a detox diet (ok), with a fasting period (um, well, never done detox before, but alright) & something about lots of enemas, no cheese, limited to no citrus, & got really crazy restrictive.  

Nothing is guaranteed to get you pregnant in 2 months.  A prefectly fertile, healthy couple with perfectly timed sex still only has a 20% chance every cycle of getting pregnant.

Sorry, I vote scam.  At least you can get your money back if you're not pregnant in two cycles :)

TTC since August 2009
    June/July 2011 - IVF #1 - Transfer cancelled due to OHSS
    23 perfect embryos. All 23 made it to freezing!
    September/October - FET #1 - October 12th - 2 Grade A embies
    October 20th - BFP??! EDD - July 1, 2012
    Beta #1 = 154, Beta #2 = 352 Beta #3 = 3,800
    U/S #2 - November 14th = 133 bpm! U/S #3 & 4 - November 30th and December 7th = 163 bpm! U/S#5 - January 30th - TEAM PINK!!!
    Baby Sweets born on her due date!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSweets11:
    imagecaschaeffer:

Nothing is guaranteed to get you pregnant in 2 months.  A perfectly fertile, healthy couple with perfectly timed sex still only has a 20% chance every cycle of getting pregnant.

Sorry, I vote scam.  At least you can get your money back if you're not pregnant in two cycles :)

TTC since August 2009
    June/July 2011 - IVF #1 - Transfer cancelled due to OHSS
    23 perfect embryos. All 23 made it to freezing!
    September/October - FET #1 - October 12th - 2 Grade A embies
    October 20th - BFP??! EDD - July 1, 2012
    Beta #1 = 154, Beta #2 = 352 Beta #3 = 3,800
    U/S #2 - November 14th = 133 bpm! U/S #3 & 4 - November 30th and December 7th = 163 bpm! U/S#5 - January 30th - TEAM PINK!!!
    Baby Sweets born on her due date!
  • Options
    Is it called Pregnancy Miracle? (or somethinglike that?)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It was called pregnancy miracle!  & I was having one of my bad 'what the hell is wrong with me that I'm not pregnant yet?' days when I fell for it.  Total waste of money!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"