January 2011 Moms
Options

Outerwear...

So I decided to try on some of my winter jackets and all of them still fit Big Smile  ...today.  I am pretty much at the limit of being able to zip my main ski coat that I walk my dogs in and wear around for errands.  One lighter jacket will probably accommodate me this winter because of the way its shaped, but not sure if it will be warm enough for all occasions.

Are you ladies buying maternity winter coats?  I can't imagine spending the money on a maternity coat that I will only need for one season, but I also don't want to be "that girl" that wears DH's coats and the arms are 2 feet too long and looks all slubby.  Sigh. 

I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Re: Outerwear...

• Options
    I borrowed a larger size coat from my mom for the winter. I'm hoping that gets me through. If not I suppose I will pony up and buy a stupid maternity one. I really don't want to though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Last time I just threw on dh's coat : )
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagetfarabians:
    Last time I just threw on dh's coat : )

I'm pretty petite though and DH is 6' tall so his coat will look ridiculous on me even with a giant belly.  I guess I'll figure it out.

I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options
    Gotta love California!! I just need a thick sweater for our colder days.
  • Options
    Since I'm in Northern CA, I probably won't buy anything, just wear my coats open with sweaters underneath.
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Options
    I haven't gotten one yet but I probably will. Its a practical splurge for someone who is a having a baby in Jan. - you've got a lot of months in the cold. Plus, you can donate it to the Goodwill after if your not having more and somebody will really, really appreciate it.
  • Options
    I still have a maternity coat from my last pregnancy, it was an Old Navy coat so it wasn't too expensive and I got good use out of it, so I think it was worth the money
  • Options
    My mom bought me one when I was pregnant with DD since I was due in April and was super skinny the previous winter.  My friend used it last winter when she was pregnant and hgave it back to me so I will use it again.  It is very warm, so I will probably only need it for a few weeks.  I think if I didn't own one, I wouldn't spend the $ since we are due in Jan. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Let me preface this by saying I live in California, so I don't need true "winter wear". But I can still wear some of my coats too and yes, I've become that person who also has a jacket DH leant me to get through the winter. But it's a Northface jacket, so I don't feel so weird wearing my husband's jacket.
  • Options
    I got mine at Salvation Army (On yellow tagged items are $1 day!).  It's hound's tooth and not something I would normally buy so I am sort of excited to wear it!
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd buy used, have it dry cleaned, and donate it when you're done.
  • Options
    I bought a warm fleece like jacket thats one size up from what I normally wear. It fits fine now with some extra room in the belly and I think the material will stretch. Its already getting down in the 30s here at night, so I will get good use of it and will wear it after she comes  until spring. And it was only $50.
    DX: Unexplained IF/possible PCOS 5/5/2010 Surprise BFP! After 2 miscarriages and many prayers, our angel is here:) Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I tried on my coats the other day, and I have one skil jacket that was too big for me originally that might work for a while, but I doubt I will be able to zipper it close to the end.  I really only need a warm jacket for part of Nov. and Dec., and maybe a few days/week into Jan.  I am also going to ask a friend who had a baby last March if I can borrow hers, since she bought a maternity coat. 

Married 12.9.06

DD born 1.6.11

TTC #2 since 7.12

• Options

imagepmanolides:
    Gotta love California!! I just need a thick sweater for our colder days.

This for Texas as well.

Chemical Pregnancy in 2004. BFP #1 on 9-26-2009 * MC on 10-2-2009 @ 6w DX with PCOS and Started Clomid C#1 @ 100mg 4-12-2010. BFP #2 on 5-6-2010 * Beta #1 - 41 @ 12dpo * Beta #2 - 256 @ 15dpo Saw HP 126bpm - 5/27/10 Asher arrived on 1-13-2011
  • Options

Last time I didn't buy a maternity coat because I didn't want to spend the money.  I wore a coat of my mom's.  Who would have guessed I would be pregnant with another winter baby two years later?  I wish I would have bought one then -- maternity coats are so much cuter than my mom's coat.  I live in North Carolina now (I lived in NYC last time), so it's not as much of an issue, but I will still probably buy one. 

I always justify maternity purchases by telling myself that there's a good chance I will need it again (we are probably having three), and my friends and SILs can use them too.

• Options

I'm not planning on buying a maternity coat, but I did buy a fleece hoody. If it gets really cold, I can probably wear it underneath my open coat.

This is the one I bought.

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=50200&vid=1&pid=695991&scid=695991002

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Target will have maternity coats. 

I bought a coat at a consignment shop - a long wool coat for $40, which I thought was a steal.  It was a bit dressy, but it was long and warm for the really cold days.  Otherwise I just let my belly hang out of my short wool coat and wore a scarf. 

"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"