February 2011 Moms

where are you feeling kicks?

Hey everyone!

I just recently (within the last week or so) started to feel movement. I'm almost 21 w and just wondering where on your stomach are you feeling the movement, if any? It is still really low for me should it be closer to my belly button at this point?

Thanks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: where are you feeling kicks?

• Really low close to my pelvic bone. Like it could be inappropriate for anyone except DH to try and feel the kicks too (it's almost out of that area though).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When I feel movement I'd say it ranges from the top of my pubic line to my belly button. But in fairness, I have a really short torso, so there's not much space between the two. Sad
  • Loading the player...
  • Sometimes I feel them up just underneath my belly button, usually an inch or two below.  Most of the movement I feel is much lower.  Maybe halfway between my belly button and the pubic bone, and can be anywhere from the sides to the middle.

It's definitely moving higher and time goes on.

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • For me, it totally depends on how the baby is positioned at the time. Sometimes high, sometimes low, sometimes sides, etc. The other day he was kicking low and high at the same time. Obviously he was vertically positioned and dancing at the time! But no worries! Clearly your LO just likes to hang out down there!
  • Most of the time I feel it really low and he hangs out on my right side. Lately I have felt a few pokes higher up but it's still mostly lower.
  • There are a few times where I have been able to tell how baby is lying because of the punches and kicks. The majority of the time it is lying horizontal towards my pelvic bone so the the punches/kicks are low but sometimes it will lay vertical so kicks/punches will be up by my belly button.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • feeling it very low
  • Currently it feels like she's trying to burrow her way through my kidney. Ouch.
  • Baby A is really low (like has his face in my cervix low: oh so comfortable) and I feel his kicks near my belly button on the side he's on. Baby B is up much much much higher on her side and has her legs about 2 inches below my boob. So I feel her kicks up there. I love that they are easy to distinguish.
  • imageLilystar82:
    Baby A is really low (like has his face in my cervix low: oh so comfortable) and I feel his kicks near my belly button on the side he's on. Baby B is up much much much higher on her side and has her legs about 2 inches below my boob. So I feel her kicks up there. I love that they are easy to distinguish.

that is SO cute to picture! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • It's still pretty low for me...around my panty line usually. And, I can only really feel stuff either dead center or on the left, I never feel anything on the right. Is that weird? haha
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Mine are pretty low too and I only seem to feel anything on my right side, which is where her arms were during the ultrasound....so she's a boxer!
  • I feel movement pretty low too, usually a couple inches below my belly button.  I'm glad other people mentioned their LO's prefer one side or the other.  Our little girl really seems to hang out on the right side most of the time.
    imageBabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • pretty low, under my belly button usually on the right side
  • mine are low even though we find the heartbeat on the at-home-doppler at my bellybutton.  kicks are most prevalent just above my panty line.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • With the feeling it only on one side or the other (or even just low or just high), it could have to do with the placement of the placenta.  The ultrasound tech told me that my placenta is anterior, but more to the left, so she expects that the first movements I feel will be on the right.
  • imageEtta07:
    Really low close to my pelvic bone. Like it could be inappropriate for anyone except DH to try and feel the kicks too (it's almost out of that area though).

This exactly. I feel like LO is just laying at the bottom. I have yet to feel him/her anywhere close to be belly button.

BFP #1 6/3/10 | EDD 2/5/11 | Noelle born 1/28/11
    BFP #2 12/20/11 | EDD 8/24/12 | Natural M/C 12/22/11
    BFP #3 5/13/12 (Mother's Day!) | EDD 1/23/13 | Natural M/C 6/9/12 (blighted ovum discovered 6/7/12 at 7w1d)
    "And to think when their little eyes opened, the first thing they saw was the face of Jesus."
    My Ovulation Chart | My Baby Name List
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"