Baby Showers
Options

is this enough food?

I'm hosting my BFF's shower in november, there will be around 15 people and it will start at 5pm. Is this enough food?

3 different kinds of finger sandwichs 

veggie sticks with dip

fruit sticks 

chips

and of course cake

should I add something more? suggestions? TIA!

Re: is this enough food?

• Options
    Sounds like enough to me! I would maybe throw in some peanuts or m&m's to add as little snacks, maybe some chex mix. (For the people who might want to snack a little but not eat a whole meal).
  • Options
    how many sandwiches are you having?? it doesn't sound like enough food to me.. i would add either garden salad or like macaroni salad something else to go with a sandwich..
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagexoashleigh4ox:
    how many sandwiches are you having?? it doesn't sound like enough food to me.. i would add either garden salad or like macaroni salad something else to go with a sandwich..

This!! I always put out a fabolous spread of different food, make chicken wings and a salad. Too me your menu just doesn't seem enough.

• Options
    Personally, for a shower that starts at 5, it doesn't sound like enough food. I think you need another entree type thing.
  • Options
    I will agree with the girls, add a tossed salad or a mac salad would be delish.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

In place of chips I would add a green salad and/or a pasta salad. What kind of sandwiches? considering it's later in the day ..it's getting close to dinner time so either I would make it about an hour earlier (like a "tea party") or add more food.

add some cookies/brownies or something else for the dessert

don't forget drinks =)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageKateMW:
    Personally, for a shower that starts at 5, it doesn't sound like enough food. I think you need another entree type thing.

This. I think it would be fine for a 2pm shower, but a shower starting at 5 pm is during dinner time. It would be better to have something more substantial.  If cost is an issue, pasta can be done relatively inexpensively as a main dish. 

• Options

I would add maybe one more thing. At 5pm, people are going to be hungry for real food, not snacks. For my sister's bridal shower I made meatballs and left them in a crockpot to keep them warm, maybe you could do that?

And for the sandwiches - PLEASE leave them plain. I hate going to parties/events and the only major food item is a sandwich with mayo/mustard on it. You could even do a meat tray with rolls and sliced sandwich toppings on the side so people can customize their sandwiches.

• Options

I agree. It's not enough! I'm thinking about adding a pasta salad and some tortilla wraps

thanks for the input!

• Options

I think it depends on the people that are attending.  If my side of the family were to show up (not counting my DH family) to this menu they would devour it in an instant!!! We eat A LOT and we also like to see a lot of food when celebrating a new life.

I would suggest maybe adding an actual entr?e since it is dinner time.  I would also suggest adding maybe like potato salad, green salads, or Swedish meatballs.

Our baby showers normally include actual food instead of finger food...so I might be to biased on this : 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

imageimage

• Options
    No. You are having a shower at dinnertime, everyone will be hungry. I would make a big pan of baked ziti with a side of meatballs to add to the list (but I'm italian, and consider it poor taste to not have enough or limited food at an event where the guests are bringing gifts for someone else)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"