Secondary IF

Intro

Hi ladies.  I just wanted to introduce myself.  After 12 months of trying to conceive #2 I finally saw an RE.  Learned today that DH has very low count and motility.  All looks fine for me.  Shocking news since we conceived DS rather quickly.  RE suggests IVF for us as count is too low for IUI.  Very very new to all of this so I'm excited to learn from others going through IF treatments. 
DS born 10/2008 TTC #2 since 8/2009 MFI and natural killer cell activation diagnosis IVF #4 = BFP!! Due 10/12!!

Re: Intro

• I'm sorry you have to be here, but welcome!  Did you happen to find out just how low and what motility your DH's SA had?  Just curious b/c we've been fortunate to get pg twice now via IUI's (DH had 4-6 mil with 30% motility and 0-1% morphology on his last SA).  IF sucks in general, but having to deal with MFI is especially hard since there's not much our poor DH's can do to improve their numbers.  =(

Good luck and hope your stay is short!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome.   Sorry to hear the news about your DH.   We were told at first that IVF was the only option for us because DH's morphology was at 1% - they repeated his SA with an embryologist and his morphology was 10% so our RE was willing to do 3 IUI's before moving on to IVF.   On the 2nd IUI, we were pregnant.   He mentioned that there were some vitamins/supplements that could help DH if it was a count or motility issue - one was L-Carnatine and there was a whole list of others to go with it, but I don't remember them all.   Good luck with everything!
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with what pp said about the vitamins. Our RE said the same. Last count for my DH was taken last month and it was 2.1 million with average motility. They told us IVF is our last option and that's what we're doing now. My RE before this one said she only did IUI if the motility was fine and the count was over 1 million (surprising to me). The RE we had before that LOL wanted the count to be at least 5-8 million for IUI. They're all different. I would suggest getting a repeat SA before making a final decision though. GL

• Welcome.  My DH had low count, testosterone, motility and morphology.  He ended up taking zinc supplements, clomid, Chinese herbs and acupuncture.  He was able to bring his testosterone, count into range and his morph went from 0% to 1%.  We were able to conceive DS on our own after 2 1/2 years.  This time we went to IVF with ICSI.  I am just finishing my first cycle and had my pregnancy test today.  It looks good however and I will have the results this afternoon.

I wish you the best of luck for whatever you decide to do.  I found MFI to be extremely difficult, because of the lack of control.  Also the pride factor in dealing with men.  Good luck and feel free to post whenever.  This board is great for support and answering questions. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome and GL!
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Thanks everyone!  So happy to have this resource. 

DH count was 5 mil with 23% motility.  RE says too low for much chance of success with IUI but willing to try.  Still awaiting bloodwork to determine cause of sperm issues.  Our issue is that I'm 35 so we are sort of anxious to just do what will work best.  But hearing others have had success with IUI I might want to give it a shot. 

DS born 10/2008 TTC #2 since 8/2009 MFI and natural killer cell activation diagnosis IVF #4 = BFP!! Due 10/12!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"