Indiana Babies

Recommend your favorite Fall orchard/farm/festival, etc.

I don't usually post here, I usually hang out on 1st tri, but I need some Hoosier insight! I want to plan a fun weekend with my SD and I was wondering where you ladies like to go for fall stuff like pumpkin picking, apple stuff (cider, picking, caramel apples, etc.), hayrides, you know the usual Fall stuff. We usually go to Waterman's on Raymond in Indy but I was also wanting to incorporate the apple stuff too and Waterman's doesn't have an orchard. If I have to split up the weekend activities and do the pumpkin thing one weekend and the apple thing another weekend that works, I just want to know where you guys go and why you like it there. Any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA!!!!
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommend your favorite Fall orchard/farm/festival, etc.

• We got to Watermans for the pumpkins too! For apples we go to Andersons. We usually go to the one near Acton on 74, but I like the one in Mooresville better because it is a lot bigger!

I heard Apple Works in Trafalger is awesome! I want to try it out someday. They are open year round too.

• I got the recommendation from one of my classmates about Andersons but I wanted to hear a little more, thank you for chiming in! Andersons sounds like the way to go.  Maybe we will try Apple Works one weekend too, I will let you know if we do! Thanks!!!

• Loading the player...
  • FYI, the Anderson's in Acton has all been picked off the trees. You can buy them in the bags, but there are no more to be picked off the trees. Get an apple cider slushie too!
  • We just went to Tuttles Orchard today....it's NE of Indy - near McCordsville.  They still have apples to pick, and even had about 10 rows stil ripening, so they'll have some for another 2 weeks or so, maybe.  They have a big kids play area, hay rides (weekends only), and a store where they sell all sorts of apple related stuff, veggies, frozen stuff, candy, meat from a local butcher, etc. We spent 2.5 hrs just picking apples, doing the kids play area and hitting the store.  

We do Waterman's mid-October, as well.

• We love Apple Works. We took the dogs before Jocelyn was born and took her plus the dogs last year. They have a ton of stuff to do including play area and petting zoo. We've always gone in October and there are plenty of pumpkins and apples left to pick. It can get crowded, so we try to go in the morning even if it's on a weekend. The downside is that Trafalgar is totally in the middle of nowhere and a fairly far drive from Indy, although the way we go we drive past a farm that has camels!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagemarleysmom:
    We love Apple Works. We took the dogs before Jocelyn was born and took her plus the dogs last year. They have a ton of stuff to do including play area and petting zoo. We've always gone in October and there are plenty of pumpkins and apples left to pick. It can get crowded, so we try to go in the morning even if it's on a weekend. The downside is that Trafalgar is totally in the middle of nowhere and a fairly far drive from Indy, although the way we go we drive past a farm that has camels!

I grew up not far from Raglafart (that's what we grew up calling Trafalger, lol...we are dorks)Stick out tongue and I know the farm you are talking about!

• we are checking out lark ranch this weekend... I have also heard great things about apple works...

https://www.larkranch.com/index.html

• We usually go to Anderson's in Mooresville and Greendell in Mooresville.  Greendell is right down the road from Anderson's and they have a hayride and some other kids activities.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• Not sure how much of a drive it would be but I've always liked Beasley's Orchard in Danville. I think they're having an apple festival right now but you can still get pumpkins. I belive it's $5 to get into the apple festival but you can either pick pumpkins from the front of the building or you can take a hayride back out into the pumpkin patch. And I'm also almost positive that they do special things for first time babies....a friend of mine took her daughter there for her first Hallowen and I think they gave her a bib or a onesie or something like that. But that was about three years ago, too. Anyway, hope you all have fun! Smile

• Thank you ladies for all of your ideas! I'm excited about Fall activities and I hope you ladies have a good Fall season as well, thank you all again!

• imageBride7-14-07:

We got to Watermans for the pumpkins too! For apples we go to Andersons. We usually go to the one near Acton on 74, but I like the one in Mooresville better because it is a lot bigger!

I heard Apple Works in Trafalger is awesome! I want to try it out someday. They are open year round too.

My parents have place in Trafalgar and Apple Works is AWESOME!!!!  

Deleted
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"