Natural Birth
Options

I need motivation to do prenatal yoga.

I was so good about doing my prenatal yoga video (yeah...I'm old school! Stick out tongue) before the puking kicked in, but I haven't done it for several weeks now. I'm starting to get optimistic that the nausea is going away and I haven't thrown up for a few days but I'm still afraid that I'm going to get sick during the yoga and not be able to focus on relaxing.

Do you guys have any tips or motivating comments? Thanks!

Re: I need motivation to do prenatal yoga.

• Options

I stopped exercising at around 10 weeks b/c of morning sickness. Then the ms went away but I had gotten so used to having that time back that I didn't start again until week 19 or so and it was hard to start again. Plus my stamina wasn't there and neither was my mobility! I have since switched to Prenatal yoga and find the breathing/relaxation portion at the beginning very helpful in motivating me to do the rest of the video!

I suggest doing as much as you can now, it will be easier to pick it back up when/if you feel better. Start slow, breathe deep and when you feel steady enough, move into the other poses and positions. Even if you only get in 10 minutes, youre doing something good for your body and mind and for your baby. BUT don't be hard on yourself if you can't get in anytime. Just keep eating well, and if you can, walk..anything to help circulation and increase endorphines. I hope this helps! GL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image
  • Options

I'm 33 weeks, and the only nights that I have hip pain are the ones where I didn't work out that day. And yoga makes for the best sleep.

That help? :) 

Mother's Day, 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just started a PN yoga class a few weeks ago and it is SO awesome that I'm almost sad that baby is due in 3 weeks... wish I had started sooner so I had more weeks to practice, I love it SO much and I feel great afterwards!  You have plenty of time... and when you're ready to get back to it, it will be so worth it. 

As an aside, my friend who just had twins, pretty much naturally (they made her get an epidural "just in case" but by the time they placed it, she was 10cm and ready to push) said that the prenatal yoga is the reason she was able to get through the labor so easily... and that it was worth every penny.

Motivation enough?  Stick out tongue 

• Options

Don't beat your self up, first of all!  I had nausea and vomiting until week 22 and every day I'd be like, "Oh, I should be doing my yoga...  What's wrong with me!?"  

Finally, I was able to start again at week 23.  I've gone religiously since then and I know that I'm in pretty good shape for my labor!  Now that I'm at week 38, I'm like, "Holy cow!  I got almost 4 months of yoga in!"  

I have to say that I do like going to the classes more than doing the home video because I've made friends and we love to cheer each other on as we near our births.  I'm not sure how often I would have done the video!  

Good luck!  You still have plenty of time! 

• Options

Do you have a class  you can go to? I find I am way more motivated to go to class than I would be to do a video.  Mostly because I paid for it, but also because I like the connection with other pregnant women.

That said, I always feel great after a yoga session and I do have a couple of videos in addition to the classes.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    imagetriumphantreturnofplanningbug:

I'm 33 weeks, and the only nights that I have hip pain are the ones where I didn't work out that day. And yoga makes for the best sleep.

That help? :) 

It helped ME!  =D  I've been having hip pain all week and NOW I'm ready to get on my prenatal yoga.  THANK YOU.

• Options
    Thanks, ladies. I appreciate your support!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"