Single Parents

I'll admit, I should have listened to you ladies!

I've left M. He's packing and moving out in the morning (he's staying at a hotel tonight). After seriously thinking it over, M has put me through too much sh!t in the past and enough sh!t right now that it's making it worse for DD and I.

I think I jumped two stages of grief (shock and pain) and skipped right to pissed the fvck off. But you know what? I think this is what I needed to finally make the decision. DD is better off with separated parents. Yes

Now, I will accept flames and "I told you so's" because, yes, you did tell me so and I'm stupid for not listening! Go Keely. ::sigh:: Oh well, we're only moving up from here on!

Flying Solo, Formula Feeding, Working, Loving Life Momma of One. Image and video hosting by TinyPic ::NEW POST ON 2.7.2011:: Come Today, Blue Skies Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image

Re: I'll admit, I should have listened to you ladies!

• No flames from me. We all need to learn from our own mistakes, I know I have. Welcome back :)
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • None from me, I went back a few times too.

We all make mistakes, glad you are okay!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Psshhh, you know how many times I went back to SD before finally throwing his @ss out....yah, you don't want to know.  People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

The main thing is you realized that it wasn't right early on and listened to those instincts.  I am proud of you. 

• "I told you so" does no one any good. Learn and move on. GL. Love your sig pics.

• OMG look how big she's getting! She's beautiful!! No one will flame you honey, you gave it a shot, just glad you realized early on you had bad aim! Did you get the mail from me? I've never mailed anything to Alaska!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Photobucket
  • imagelaurieb602:
    OMG look how big she's getting! She's beautiful!! No one will flame you honey, you gave it a shot, just glad you realized early on you had bad aim! Did you get the mail from me? I've never mailed anything to Alaska!

Yes! I got it! I was going to tell you when I did (which was about a week or so ago) but I totally spaced! Thank you so much!!! :D

Flying Solo, Formula Feeding, Working, Loving Life Momma of One. Image and video hosting by TinyPic ::NEW POST ON 2.7.2011:: Come Today, Blue Skies Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Good for you!  Yes
  • No flames I am just glad you and your beautiful daughter are safe.

We all learn and no one can force you to do anything. You decided what was right for you and your dd on your own.

image www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageInternetExplorer:

Now, get an education.   You  need to learn a skill or trade or something to care for that little chicken.  

Don't waste your or her permanent fund dividend.  Save hers for her in a separate account! 

My PFD is being spent on diapers, wipes, and formula for DD. Her's is going into a college fund. Already ahead of you.

As for the education, don't worry, I'm sure you've got your own crap to deal with so you can stop being worried about DD and my future, we've got it covered. ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageInternetExplorer:

Look, Keely I'm trying to give you good advice.  None of this is snark. I was pregnant and not married.  But you know what gave me options? Education.   Criticial thinking ability.  Right now the best thing you can do for your daughter is to make yourself better and smarter.  UofA has distance classes and is a decent enough school....

I know people at Alaska Weed and Seed and other social service agencies *most in Anchorage, though* that can help.   Rural, single parents, without education fall into some of the highest risk groups out there for all kinds of bad stuff.

The only way to break this cycle is education.

I'm enrolling in online classes through UofAF (University of Alaska Fairbanks) today, actually. Just basics, and probably only one at a time, two at most. Thankfully, my parents did what I'm doing for DD and put my PFD in a college fund as well, so it's paid for. :) Once I get basic classes out of the way, I'll finally be able to decide what I want to do for a living. Maybe a music director, I am a retired high school band geek after all! ...who admittedly still goes every so often just to keep in touch with my band director... and also get DD an early start... Hehe ;D

• imagekeelyxrosepetal:

I'm enrolling in online classes through UofAF (University of Alaska Fairbanks) today, actually. Just basics, and probably only one at a time, two at most. Thankfully, my parents did what I'm doing for DD and put my PFD in a college fund as well, so it's paid for. :) Once I get basic classes out of the way, I'll finally be able to decide what I want to do for a living. Maybe a music director, I am a retired high school band geek after all! :D

That is great news! For over 2 years I did classes online part time. The important thing is moving forward no matter what pace you set.

I just started again, but full time this time, and I was finally in a place where I could do that. You will do great

image www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • All I have to say is - WHEW! 

I have been worried about you and LO.  I'm glad you are ok, and have wised up to the situation.  Stay strong girl!

• People can tell you what they think you should do, but until you come to the conclusion yourself their advice will be no good.

I took DB back, and was still considering taking him back again in moments of pregnancy weakness.  Then god swooped down and put his a$$ in jail...now there's no way I can justify having all of his B.S. in my life.  And I certainly don't want that kind of turmoil in my daughter's life either.

Good for you for making the right decision about your DB and good for you for working on your degree!  It will open so many doors for you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • have to admit, had to google what a PFD was.  Stoopid southerner
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Photobucket
  • imagelaurieb602:
    have to admit, had to google what a PFD was.  Stoopid southerner

Haha! Don't feel too bad, I've had to tell my closest friend, who lived here for ten years, what it was more than once! The PFD is a huge bonus for living in Alaska, makes you put up with all the snow and rain it throws at you. :)

• It's good that you learned at a young age that we all make mistakes. I am 31 and still making them or learning from them. I'm glad the 2 of you are safe.

By the way Aria is adorable! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    "There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"