Attachment Parenting
Options

Have we talked Flu Shot?!

I don't think I've missed it but I'm not around a whole lot until late at night but how does everyone feel about the Flu Shot? Are you giving or not giving it to your LO? Are you getting one yourself?

I have never had a flu shot and don't know if I feel the need to give LO it or not so give me some guidance. TIA.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image

Re: Have we talked Flu Shot?!

• Options
    Both LO and I (and DH) will be getting it.  LO's will be in two doses about a month apart. I'm probably going to do it in early-mid October.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Options

yes, and yes.

DS got 2 doses last year. I haven't missed getting one since I started med school.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We all get them, every year.
  • Options
    We will all be getting it. I work in a hospital, DH works in a school, and DD is in (an in-home) daycare. There are just way too many germs going around in our house. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    IMG_0173.11
    Trying for #2 since July 2010
    BFP 8/1/10, missed m/c, D&C 9/15/10.
    BFP 1/8/11, chemical pregnancy.
    BFP 3/4/11, measured behind all along, no more HB 4/18/11. D&C 4/29/11. HCG didn't drop, Repeat D&C 6/17/11; confirmed molar pregnancy 6/23/11.
    Forced break, including two Hysteroscopies in October to remove retained tissue.
    BFP 12/29/11! Betas @ 10 dpo = 85, 14 dpo= 498, 22 dpo = 7242
    Heard HB 1/24/12. 144 bpm!

Luca Rose born 9/9/12! More than worth the wait!
  • Options
    I have never had one (never had a bad flu either or one since I was an adult) and LO will not be getting it either. I am a SAHM and DS doesn't go to daycare.
  • Options
    We do an alt/delayed vax schedule for DD but she will get the flu shot.  I got mine yesterday.  DH will get his this weekend.  I don't screw around with the flu.  I had it once a few years ago and it was horrible.  I was out of work for over a week.  I can't afford that now with DD -- and besides it would mean I'd stay home and risk infecting her.  No way.
  • Options
    DH and I have never gotten it and we are not having DS get it either.  We vaccinate on schedule but I feel that the flu is just not something that necessitates a vaccine.  The rush to produce the H1N1 last year and the over-the-top propaganda make me even more skeptical.  To me the benefits don't outweigh the risks.
  • Options
    I honestly don't understand why anyone would skip the flu shot. Choosing between a serious - sometimes deadly - illness and a safe vaccine seems like a no-brainer to me.
  • Options

I won't get it...and also won't give it to DD.

I just feel like there are so many strains of flu that it's really a guessing game. 

• Options
    My daughter's already had it, and I will be getting mine shortly.  She has lung issues and we dont mess around when it comes to vaccines. 
  • Options
    As long as DD is BFing and I'm SAH with her, she won't get it. I probably will, though. I'm hesitant to give her unnecessary vaccines.
  • Options

I've never gotten one and DH says he'll never do it again after some bad experiences (I believe he had the nasal one though). Not sure about DS - will discuss with his doctor. I've never had the flu (or, I've never responded to the virus so negatively that I've had to get a diagnosis), so I imagine that is why I don't get it for myself. I would probably be more inclined to get it if I was in a high risk group.

• Options
    imageMissyOlivePants:

I won't get it...and also won't give it to DD.

I just feel like there are so many strains of flu that it's really a guessing game. 

This. I've never gotten a flu shot and the one year DH got one he had the flu worse than he ever has in his life.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"