Breastfeeding
Options

6-8 weeks - how often is LO eating?

How old is your LO and how often are they eating?  My LO is 8 weeks, and she just started eating every 2-3 hours, instead of the usual 1.5 - 2 hours.  I don't know why this makes me nervous.  I guess I'm just used to nursing her more often.  When she was eating more often, her hunger cues were more apparent.  Now, it seems she'll go 2-3 hours and not really fuss or cry to be fed.  Anyone else experience this?

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 6-8 weeks - how often is LO eating?

• Options
    My LO is almost 8 weeks. She has been eating every 2-3 hours during the day since the beginning - she never ate 1.5 hrs apart. She goes much longer at night. Is your LO gaining weight appropriately? If so, I wouldn't worry. But if you're worried, call your ped.
  • Options
    Our LO is 7 weeks old and during the day eats about every 1.5-2 hours.  At night she goes 2-3 hours (on good nights). 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LO is 6 weeks and eats every 3 hours during the day and has one 4-5 hour stretch at night (a new thing!). 
  • Options
    Yes, this happened with my DD around 8 weeks. I am breastfeeding and pumping/bottle feeding and she is definitely eating more per meal now - so maybe that is why. I think it is perfectly normal and if she is happy and growing, I wouldn't worry.
  • Options
    He is about 7 weeks and eats every 2.5-3 hours during the day and has one 4-5 hour stretch at night (the night stretch just started last weekend).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LO will be 6wks tomorrow and she eats roughly every 1.5-2 hours during the day, but at night she can sleep anywhere from 4-6 hour stretches. I'll take the more demanding day if it comes with close to STTN!

Married 11/24/07
    Camille Rae 8/21/10
    Thea Grace's EDD 5/22/14

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"