Parenting after 35

My kid can't wave or clap but...(Video Link)

He can ride a motorcycle. I am about to write him a note for the future that says that he should enjoy his motorcycle now because it's the ONLY one he will ever ride :)

My dad bought it for him for his first bday. I am a little surprised that he has already mastered riding it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKCU6pScdgc

Re: My kid can't wave or clap but...(Video Link)

• Haha, that's awesome!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's just downright freaky!  Cute, but freaky!

But PLEASE get him a helmet before he rides it again, okay!  That little noggin needs some protection!

And FWIW, Charlie is lightyears away from clapping or waving, too.  Must be a boy thing.

Oh, and I'll add... you'll notice in my siggy pic... there are no wheels on the John Deere yet!! :)  Until he proves he can sit on it without falling over, he's stationary!

• Loading the player...
  • Wow that's a cool little ATV/Quad, if my DH saw that video he would run right out and get one!  Is the accelerator on the handle or is it remote-controlled?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No worries- he has one :)

Glad to hear J isn't the only one not clapping or waving! It worries me!

• imagemtnrider:
    Wow that's a cool little ATV/Quad, if my DH saw that video he would run right out and get one!  Is the accelerator on the handle or is it remote-controlled?

It's a red button right next to the handle bars. It took him a bit to realize he had to keep it depressed for it to go but he's all good now :) My dad bought it at Target- I think it was $60 or $70?

• Cute!  And I have hair envy again.

As for clapping/waving... yeah, Aaron does that (lately not much waving) but he doesn't walk. So go figure.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • OMG that was awesome! His happy face is priceless!!!! :)

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He looks soo happy!  What a cutie.  And the waving and clapping - Ellie will clap but really likes some to be saying "hooray for Ellie" when she does :) And waves...she can but they are rare!
  • imagemtnrider:
    Wow that's a cool little ATV/Quad, if my DH saw that video he would run right out and get one!

I know! I want to show my DH, but he will go buy one in a heart beat! We ride quads (actually, I haven't been on it since before I got pregnant) and they are so much fun!

Jen - He is so stinkin cute! I love him!

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I thought for sure that was a remote controlled car! I can't believe that he was doing it all by himself!  What a smarty!
  • Cute! He looks like such a little boy there, and not a baby.

Love the new siggy pic too, BTW.

• I LOVE his open mouth grin and chubby cheeks!  I want to nom on them so bad!

What a smart little guy!  This reminds me of my nephew - he had a little vehicle like that and he would be pressing the accellerator, but looking at everyone instead of looking ahead where he was going....he crashed a few times - luckily, soft crashes!  Watching them have fun is even more fun than experiencing it ourselves, isn't it?

• imagerobynlesley:

Cute!  And I have hair envy again.

As for clapping/waving... yeah, Aaron does that (lately not much waving) but he doesn't walk. So go figure.

Well walking is overrated and if it's any consolation Simon just started pointing last week!  (And I'm right there with you on the hair envy!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemtnrider:
    Wow that's a cool little ATV/Quad, if my DH saw that video he would run right out and get one!  Is the accelerator on the handle or is it remote-controlled?

Oh same here, if you can remember DH went out and bought himself a little (BIG) motorcycle before I delivered ... oh yeah, I still haven't forgotten about that little surprise.....

Jen - just an adorable video, I love it!  he's so proud of himself too!  :o)

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"