Breastfeeding
Options

Puking?

I am wondering if anyone can help me my baby has only done this once which doesn't mean much he is only 14 days old. But I got done nursing him and he was just hanging out in his Moby wrap and he puked up all that he ate i figure i took a bath in it. He does spit up but never this much could it be something I ate or could there be another reason I had burped him I don't know if he is to tight in the wrap I just got it today so he is not use to being in it any help would be great Thank You

Re: Puking?

• Options

Why do you think it's actual vomit?

He probably is spitting up for one reason or another...which is totally normal for babies.  The thing with spit up is that it looks like a lot more than it actually is.  He may only be spitting up an ounce, but it's going to look like a lot more.

You may want to wait a half and hour or so before putting him in the moby, but he also may just spit up from time to time.  My DS spit up on a daily basis from a few weeks old until 8 months.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We had a huge problem with puking for a while and our doc said it was probably because she was eating too much, considering the fact that she was gaining weight really well and was healthy all around.  He suggested that we keep her upright for at least 15 minutes after feeding to try to help with the puking, but I'm not sure if it really did or not.  She's 7 weeks now, and the puking has pretty much stopped, she still does it sometimes, but before it was almost everyday.  I just started paying very close attention to how often I'm feeding her and I think I've learned to determine her hunger cues better so I don't just automatically try to feed her everytime she cries.  If its been less than an hour and a half before I fed her last I try everything else I can to calm her before feeding to make sure I don't overfeed her, and I think this is really what's helped with the puking.  But who knows really, she could have just learned for herself when to stop eating instead of continuing to suck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"