Attachment Parenting

When are "adult" processed foods ok for baby?

I'm not talking about obvious junk like biscuits and crips, but rather things like fresh pasta and pasta sauce.

I'm thinking although they're "healthy" options that their salt content might be too high for LO.

When does it stop mattering so much? 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

Re: When are "adult" processed foods ok for baby?

• I think pasta itself is ok, but you might want to make your own sauce...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The pasta itself is as PP mentioned an okay food to start with.  Tomato sauce and garlic you have to wait a little while for. 10-12 months is a good time for tomatoes according to Wholesome baby food (https://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/tomatoesbabyfoodrecipes.htm ).  I have also heard garlic can cause some tummy issues, but couldn't find a recommended age to start introducing it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DS has had meatballs with garlic and onion already and it didn't seem to affect him at all. He has also had homemade egg noodles and homemade (organic) pasta sauce. 

The only processed food he has had is a graham cracker and Gerber organic oatmeal (if that counts as processed). We don't buy really any processed food. I make our bread and pasta noodles, and try to eat a lot of organic foods.

I'm not against sweets or processed food completely, just in moderation.   

• I think I pretty much started giving him everything around 8-9 months. That included processed foods.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"