Trying to Get Pregnant

Endometriosis..a few questions

Hey girls!  Can you guys tell me a little about your experience?  A friend of mine at work went to her gyno today and they think she probably has it, but they haven't done tests to confirm yet.  Can you give me any words of advice/wisdom for her?  Thanks a heap :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Endometriosis..a few questions

• 1) The amount of pain/symptoms a person has isn't indicative of how good/bad things are in there

2) I had a laparoscopy in Dec 2000, then went on BCP for about 9months continuously. After that, it was 9weeks on, one week off BCP's for 7 years or so. I've been off BCP's since late June and so far, no problems.

3) If I had it to do over again, I'd look into enzymes to control the inflamation. I know one good one to check out is called "InfZyme".

Sorry, that's all I've got.  I haven't had any tests done since 2000.  GL to your friend!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I saw your post on the IF board and thought I'd reply since I'm sort of in the same situation. My OB/GYN thought I was developing endo when I was 15/16 yrs. old. My AF was SO bad...I was even taking Tylenol 3 (with Codeine) and it didn't TOUCH the pain. One cycle they were even convinced I was having a miscarriage (I wasn't). I would also be throwing up, etc. and missed a lot of work and school. I finally went on BCP and that helped immensely. I just came off my pill in November of '09 and since then, my AF has been worse than when I was on the pill but certainly not as debilitating as when I was younger. I'm 31 now BTW so I was on the pill for a LONG time. I'm seeing an RE now since we've been TTC for several months. They don't want to wait until my endo (if I have endo) gets worse. I'm doing 3 rounds of IUI now and if that doesn't do the trick, I'll probably have to have a lap at the very least to see if I do in fact have endo. I have some endo symptoms but not all. My main symptoms are painful cramps and clotting (sometims large clots). I don't spot in between periods and I have no pain during intercourse, etc. My PMS symptoms are really bad too unfortunately so my 2ww's really suck. I've had every early PG sign in the book but never a BFP. Anyway, hope this helps. If your friend has been TTC for 6 months and has signs of Endo, I would have her talk to her OB/GYN about a referral for an RE or at the very least an ultrasound. Sometimes they can detect endo via ultrasound but usually a lap is required. Good luck! 

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • One other thing, I don't recall seeing if you mentioned that your friend was TTC...if she is, the other thing the RE can do is run an S/A (semen analysis) on her partner. We thought our TTC trouble was all because of my possible endo but after his S/A was completed, it turns out he has low count, motility and morphology so that may also be playing a factor. I would say close to half of the posters on the IF board are there due to MFI (Male Factor Infertility) or a combination of issues with both partners.
    TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"