Snarky and T-TTC

Confession

Few of us think we are going to have trouble when it comes to getting KTFU, right?

So when H and I started trying, I totally had no clue what I was doing, but started lurking on BOTB. Learned about charting, OPK's, etc. and really thought that we would easily get KTFU within 6 months, especially with the added help of timing, etc. I had the whole thing planned out.

What a moron I was! At least I never suggested OPK's to an infertile though. LOL

Re: Confession

• I really really thought I'd get KU on the honeymoon.   HM was on days 3 - 12 of my cycle... little did I know then that I am usually a late O'er.    I really really thought I was KU coming home. 

And I had a pregnant CW suggest OPKs to me on cycle 16ish

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • We started ttc right after we got married.  I remember thinking that it was going to be so great to have a newborn right around our first anniversary.  Boy, that was wishful thinking. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • Loading the player...
  • I was convinced I'd get KU on our first cycle TTC.  I'd been charting to avoid for 16 cycles so I knew everything!  Ha! 

One of my friends who knew we were having TTTC invited me to go shopping with her at BRU when she was pg with #2.  Thankfully it was over the phone so I didn't punch her in the face.  When I declined, she asked me if I wanted her to pick me up anything!  WTF, what would she buy me at BRU??  My response - "Do they sell babies there?  If so, grab me one!"  Angry 

someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • imageshotzie:

I was convinced I'd get KU on our first cycle TTC.  I'd been charting to avoid for 16 cycles so I knew everything!  Ha! 

One of my friends who knew we were having TTTC invited me to go shopping with her at BRU when she was pg with #2.  Thankfully it was over the phone so I didn't punch her in the face.  When I declined, she asked me if I wanted her to pick me up anything!  WTF, what would she buy me at BRU??  My response - "Do they sell babies there?  If so, grab me one!"  Angry 

Classic!
  • Yes shotzie!!!

Ditto pp, I was bummed when I didn't get ku our first cycle. Felt vindicated when it happened our second. But then we had the loss and things changed. I remember reading stories about people with whom it took 4-6 cycles and feeling sorry for them. That *wasn't* happening to me.

I also TTC'd after the loss before the doctor said it was OK....Embarrassed.

• I signed up for FF about a year before we started trying (although I didn't start charting until I was off BC).  I was so convinced that we would get KU our first cycle that we waited until I'd been at my job 6 months. 

I figured that way if something happened and I had the baby early, I'd still probably have my year in to qualify for paid leave.

I was sooo excited when my BFF announced she was pregnant when we'd been trying 2 months because I just knew we'd be pregnant at the same time.  I had it all planned out with hour our kids would be the same age and play together.... she's the one who is having their second in the spring. I would love to be that optimistic again.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had charted to avoid for three years and even then I had a feeling that it wasn't going to be immediate for us.

But never in my worst nightmare did I imagine us sitting here four years later in the same place. 

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • I like you also lurked on BOTB. Found out about FF, and thought man this is going to be so quick and easy. So we stopped BC and then all hell broke loose with my endo. After the first couple surgeries and the green light to TTC again, I thought for sure we'd have success after a few cycles. Needless to say it didn't work out that way.  It was nice to feel positive in the beginning, but that didn't last long.
    imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I remember telling friends at a Christmas bookclub party that I shouldn't drink too much because I might be ku'd. That was cycle one and I might have been 5dpo. Luckily it was a small group of very close friends.

• Damn.  I always knew I would have trouble getting KU.  I remember researching infertility benefits at one of my jobs, and I wasn't even engaged or thinking about TTC anytime soon.  I just knew I would have issues...

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • we started "trying" 2 months before our wedding- i was positive i was pregnant the first time after having unprotected maritals. like legit thought i was.

i even told some chicks at a work function that i wasn't drinking cause i was probably pregnant. HA!

• I too started trying just before our wedding.  Thought for sure I would have a newborn by the time my first anniversary rolled around.  Ha.
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I knew I'd have trouble.  I know IF isn't hereditary, but I knew that since my mom and my cousin had such a hard time that was probably the road I'd face.  But I thought SURELY after a year-I'd most definitely be KU.
    I Can't Resist Those Chubby Cheeks

Dx with endo & blocked left tube - TTC #1 for 29 cycles before miracle BFP, #2 - Surprise!!
    My TTC/PG blog / Panda Phenomenon Explained
  • I also had it in a back corner of my head that I might have trouble.  (Although I was still super darn positive on the HM)

at around age 32, I started to worry.   I wasn't even close to getting married - DH was still 3 years away from even being met yet.   So I knew I'd be "older" when I finally got around to having kids.  

When I was offered this job, I requested all the info on the medical plans they provided and what the full benefits package included, before accepting.    Was happy to see that their Kaiser plan had IF coverage, and that my work has adoption assistance of $5k per.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • I was told I might have trouble, but I was hopeful I wouldn't. I remember crying after cycle 3 failed Confused and thinking people who had been TTC 10 months had been trying forever.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageMainer-in-Texas:
    I was told I might have trouble, but I was hopeful I wouldn't. I remember crying after cycle 3 failed Confused and thinking people who had been TTC 10 months had been trying forever.

I did too. I think I even posted something about being frustrated on my local board.  I'm surprised that noone slapped me silly. 

Karma came back for me on that one though -   at cycle 11 when I was venting about how my ob/gyn told me that I should be patient and that she was "confident" we'd get pregnant on our own if we kept trying.

Someone replied that I whould relax because she tried for  a year and then when she decided to just go with things and not worry about it she got pregnant right away.  And she was relaxed about it with her 2nd and it only took something like  3 months. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejanineb:
    imageSerendipitie:
    imageshotzie:

I was convinced I'd get KU on our first cycle TTC.  I'd been charting to avoid for 16 cycles so I knew everything!  Ha! 

Classic!

love the response :)

I thought "give it 3 months" but I also thought I was so KU on my honeymoon since like Stacy, CD14 was at the tail end of the week, and it was before I knew I was a later O'er. I had that special "feeling" in my ute that I was KU. fat chance.

We started TTC on our honeymoon as well and I too had that "special feeling". Any little twinge or pain was a sign. Who knew it would be so hard?

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"