Babies on the Brain
Options

If you've actually *vacationed* in Colorado...

Where did you visit/stay?  Did you like it?  Good hotels?  The more romantical the better.  ;) 

I'm looking up ideas for a mini-vacation while DH is home on leave.  You'd think that by living here I'd have some great ideas, but nope. 

Re: If you've actually *vacationed* in Colorado...

• Options

we've vacationed there twice. Breckenridge & Vail - we are ski/snowboard bums Big Smile

in Breck we stayed at I believe something called Main Street Station, or something like that? It was a few years back. It was really nice and close & convenient to everything.

in Vail we stayed at the Lodge at Lionshead. That was awesome too. You cannot beat the romantic scene of the Vail Village. *swoon*

it sounds like no matter what you pick it will be great, Colorado is so beautiful!

• Options

DH and I went to Beaver Creek for a week long ski trip about 2 years ago. It was absolutely adorable. The room we stayed in was a suite with a kitchen and a fireplace and we spent a lot of time drinking wine in front of the fire and enjoying the outdoor hot tub. Very romantical.

https://www.beavercreek.com/ 

Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers imageimage image

Photo courtesy of mrs_b

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemrs_b_2007:

we've vacationed there twice. Breckenridge & Vail - we are ski/snowboard bums Big Smile

in Breck we stayed at I believe something called Main Street Station, or something like that? It was a few years back. It was really nice and close & convenient to everything.

in Vail we stayed at the Lodge at Lionshead. That was awesome too. You cannot beat the romantic scene of the Vail Village. *swoon*

it sounds like no matter what you pick it will be great, Colorado is so beautiful!

See, I was thinking Vail or Breckinridge, but we're not really into skiing.  Well, I kind of am, but he's not and we'll only have a day or two so I don't see him wanting to spend time on the slopes.  Are there things to do in either of those towns that don't involve skiing? 

• Options
    imageleslie13510:
    imagemrs_b_2007:

See, I was thinking Vail or Breckinridge, but we're not really into skiing.  Well, I kind of am, but he's not and we'll only have a day or two so I don't see him wanting to spend time on the slopes.  Are there things to do in either of those towns that don't involve skiing? 

there's a lot to see in the Villages. They are fun to walk around. Breckenridge is more of a town than a village - but it's still nice. 

in Vail we snowmobiled one day (we were so sore from skiing we had to take a break) - that was cool. You can also take the Gondola to the top of Vail after 2pm I think, with regular clothes on - there is a restaurant up there & the view is amazing. They have an ice skating rink in their village which was cute too. 

OK now I wanna go back. LOL.

• Options
    Ooooh, Vail is sounding like a winner right now!  He would definitely go for snow-mobiling and riding the gondola up as long as he doesn't have to ski back down.  ;)
  • Options

imageleslie13510:
    Ooooh, Vail is sounding like a winner right now!  He would definitely go for snow-mobiling and riding the gondola up as long as he doesn't have to ski back down.  ;)

hehehe. Yea you don't have to ski back down, thank God - we had quite a few drinks up there as I recall. 

in fact, I am ashamed to admit that one day after skiing all day we ended up riding the Gondi down due to errrr...too many beverages. HA woops.

• Options
    one more tidbit re: Vail - there are 2 villages "Vail Village" and "Lionshead". They are both great. When we went, the lodging was more reasonable at Lionshead. The thing is, there are just as many nice shops over in Lionshead as there are in Vail village. And the Gondola is in Lionshead too. There is a shuttle that drives you back & forth between the 2 villages.
  • Options

imagemrs_b_2007:
    one more tidbit re: Vail - there are 2 villages "Vail Village" and "Lionshead". They are both great. When we went, the lodging was more reasonable at Lionshead. The thing is, there are just as many nice shops over in Lionshead as there are in Vail village. And the Gondola is in Lionshead too. There is a shuttle that drives you back & forth between the 2 villages.

Awesome, thanks! 

• Options
    We rented an awesome condo in Vail via VRBO.  It was beautiful, right on the bus line into town, and was cheap!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've been to CO on vacation a couple of times.  The first time we were in Vail and stayed at the Cascade (this was on a high school band trip, but the hotel was really nice!).

The other times I've gone to Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park/Allenspark, but we stayed with my aunt, so I can't comment on hotels.  There are some beautiful (and easy) hikes in that area, plus Estes Park is really cute and has lots of good shopping and food.

• Options

I've down a couple ski trips in Vail, but I'm no help on recommendations.  They were both with my dad who rents these insane houses and then brings all the kids in.  It was beautiful though!

Sadie is not impressed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "This ribbon has been reported." - lovesnina
  • Options
    I remember going to Durango and having a lot of fun but I was 12 a the time.  We went horseback riding and stayed at a place that purposely didn't have televisions in the rooms to make sure people actually went out and enjoyed the area. 
    _DSC0132.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"