Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

first time to children's place and i won't be going back!

i shopped online all morning for black/dark clothes for my 21 mo old and my 4.5 month old and found what i thought were the perfect outfits for my uncles funeral.  but i was not sure about Children's place sizing so i took a trip to the mall.....

not only were none of the pieces i had picked out (dress, shirt, shoes, pants) in stock but NONE of the 4 sales ladies even asked if i needed help!  i was with my 2 little ones and had to keep asking different sales people if they carried this and that.

anyway i just needed to vent.  i ended up going over to baby gap and spent twice as much money.

i always heard such great things about this store but it was a complete mess and i have no plans to go back!

Re: first time to children's place and i won't be going back!

• Options

Wow, that's terrible! It might be unique to your store because I've always had good experiences there, and the sales people are very helpful. I don't find very many places that carry everything in the store that they have online though.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Guess you have a sucky store. I've never had a problem with any of the stores I've ever shopped in or visited.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am not a huge childrens place fan.  I think we have 1 outfit from there total since DS was born.  I don't like their selection, personally.
  • Options

imageChrysallys:
    Guess you have a sucky store. I've never had a problem with any of the stores I've ever shopped in or visited.

Same here. I love that store. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've never had bad customer service at children's place, but I don't really think their boys clothes are very cute.  I love their footed pjs though.
  • Options
    I agree...I'm not a huge fan of our Childrens Place either.  The ladies are just ok, some are definitely more helpful than others.  But the clothes have never fit DS quite right (although of course right now he's between 18-24mo and 2T in gymboree and the children's place 24mo pants fit him great, so I must eat my words a little).  The girls stuff always looks so cute, but when it comes to the boy stuff it usually doesn't work out for us.
  • Options
    Well, the customer service is going to vary by store. That does suck though; I would call corporate to complain! The service at mine has been fine. I go when they're having their monster sales so I get amazing prices and stock up for the following year, so I don't mind if the service isn't stellar. ;)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    I've never had bad customer service there. I do think their clothes are cheaply made. I bought 2 neck ties and they both fell apart after once use.
  • Options

imagelkaylee721:
    I am not a huge childrens place fan.  I think we have 1 outfit from there total since DS was born.  I don't like their selection, personally.

This.  We never get help at our Children's place either and it is always a mess.  Last time we were there a little boy had an accident and peed on the floor.  We left fifteen minutes later and it still wasn't cleaned up. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

ours is ok- not great. I get t-shirts, etc there and don't need help. My gap is no better.

For $4 shirts i get there, i don't expect service. 

• Options

That's too bad. I'd be annoyed if I expected service and didn't get it in any store.

I don't, though, think it's reflective of the brand as a whole. Our TCP store is always really helpful.

In fact, today I got a good deal - 5 solid long-sleeve tees and two leggings for $11. The salespeople were really helpful in digging through the giant pile of sale stuff to find our size.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Not sure where you are in Jersey, but I agree. There were 3 within a 25 minute drive and 2 are awful. The other one recently closed (Short Hills Mall) - they were the best. Now I'll just go there to check out their clearance - never for an occassion!
  • Options
    Oh...and I'm sorry about your uncle
  • Options

imageMomToWilliam:

the funny part about the whole thing is that i told one of the sales ladies that i have a list of 8 items i need to find in the correct size and she just said "OK!"   

• Options
    imageshari_rngleson:

imageMomToWilliam:

the funny part about the whole thing is that i told one of the sales ladies that i have a list of 8 items i need to find in the correct size and she just said "OK!"   

Amazing. Maybe she thought you were there with 2 kids and a list because you had nothing better to do on a day like today. Aaahhhh...that must be it!

• Options

Not that this is an excuse, but it could possibly explain why they gave you bad service....

If they work on commission and you told them you just wanted to look at the clothes there and then buy online, they probably tried to stay far, far away from you.  I know it sounds really bad, but they probably have sales goals to meet and didn't want to spend a lot of time with a customer if that effort wouldn't go toward their goals.

I worked in commission sales of window treatments in college, and a lot of times people would tell me they were going to order online, but didn't know how to do their own measurements, so they brought in blueprints of their entire house, could I please spend the next two hours analyzing them and writing down for them exactly what they should put into the online order?  Luckily, we had a way we could order online FOR the customer and get the sales credit for it, but if we wouldn't have been able to do that, I definitely know a few of my co-workers would have been RUNNING in the other direction as soon as "online" was mentioned.

Sorry you had to go through that.

• Options
    I concur about the stores in Ocean and Monmouth. They never have all the pieces to an outfit and no one helps. i only shop online during mega sales for daycare clothes.
  • Options
    Yeah, never been a fan of Childrens Place.
  • Options

imagelkaylee721:

Ditto this, and the one outfit we have, was a gift.

• Options
    imagemacchiatto:
    Well, the customer service is going to vary by store. That does suck though; I would call corporate to complain! The service at mine has been fine. I go when they're having their monster sales so I get amazing prices and stock up for the following year, so I don't mind if the service isn't stellar. ;)
    This. If I can find something I like there (it's hit or miss) I find the prices are worth it.  I've mostly gotten stuff from online ordering, though.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I've never had customer service problems there, I just never seem to find anything I like. Most of their stuff is too glittery for my taste,

BTW, your DD looks so cute in that bonnet in your siggy. Is it Urban Baby Bonnets on Etsy? Looks like and I love her stuff.

imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • Options
    I do a lot of shopping online from the store but they have some AWESOME sales every once in awhile. $3 button ups and $5 shorts and pants! --I always stock up. ;)
  • Options

I hope you did not go to the store in central jersey. The store close to me is awful! The cashier/manager has a very unpleasant face and keeps barking orders at her workers which makes me VERY uncomfortable. I almost called children's place headquarters to launch a complaint then I thought I have better things to do in life.

May be you can try another store?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Hmm...I was just there last night!  My mom bought DS a really pretty blue sweater to wear to a wedding tomorrow.  I love their pants for DS.  He is tall and skinny and they seem to fit him best. 

Online does have a better selection though.  And I usually get free shipping too.  Once you know how their sizes go...just order online!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"