2nd Trimester

are these names too close?

I have a brother, Brian.  DH has a brother, also named Brian.  So DS #1 has two uncle Brians. 

Is the name Ryan too close for comfort for #2?  No idea on middle name.

Re: are these names too close?

• Well, obviously Ryan and Brian sound a lot/almost exactly alike.

Whether or not it's "too close for comfort" is up to you and your husband.

I do like the name Ryan.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• They are really close... I have a sister Emma, and am not sure I would really want to go with Emily or Ella, because they are really close.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedrea_raye:

They are really close... I have a sister Emma, and am not sure I would really want to go with Emily or Ella, because they are really close.

Good point. My sister is Laura, and for that reason, I'm teetering on my favorite girl name, which is Nora.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I think that if you like the name Ryan then you should use it!

My nephews name is Rowan and I was really upset when they named him because we have always loved the name Bowen for a little girl (and, obviously, they rhyme). DH reassured me that we will call our children by the names that we like, regardless of what other peoples names/babies names are.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I personally think it is a bit close... I turn around anytime I hear a name with the ending "ee-nuh" since my name is Christina.  But, any name has that effect when there are so many names that sound alike.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would say yes, they are too close.
    Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • they are raelly close but as the pp asked how often will they be together? do you all live in the same city/town. ? I  dont think it would be that big of a deal since they are older, I think if you wanted to name your ds's Ryan and Brian that would be strange, but uncels no,
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SarahL -- I'd love nothing more then to eat that caramel covered apple. I'm drooling right now. Indifferent
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have TWO Uncle Brians, and a cousin named Ryan Stick out tongue...what's the big deal?  If you like the name, use it.
  • My brothers name is Brian and I have a cousin named Ryan. Ryan named his son after him but he goes by RJ. I have a cousin named Ashley and my brothers gf's name is Ashley. So we have a little Ashley and big Ashley. 
  • if you like the name Ryan, then go with it. It may get a little confusing at family get-togethers though. my grandfather was Nick, my uncle is Nicky and I'm Nicole. We'd all turn around anytime someone called for any of us.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Check out my blog: http://cwupcake.wordpress.com

"The only difference between tattooed people and not tattooed people is tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"