Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

how long do I let the no-poop thing go?

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I'll admit ... I didn't pay attention. :) She hasn't pooped in 3 days. Well, sort of. She's done a LOT of grunting and straining, but she's only gotten a few little ... er ... pellets of poo out. Nothing like her normal poo. We stopped giving her new foods and went back to foods she's familiar with. I gave her some baby food prunes. But nothing seems to help. Do you think I should call the ped or give it another day or so?

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)

Re: how long do I let the no-poop thing go?

• Options
    Straight up prune juice will blow that mother out. E was constipated for 5 days. I gave her pear juice and prunes and she gave up the goods. The first 2 poops were very hard and short. We both cried. After that it was, errrr, soft. Good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Heh. That's what I thought the prune puree would do, but no luck. Maybe I'll try the juice.Thanks.

In the meantime, I'm making her sleep on a sheet saver. I'm pretty much convinced I'm going to wake up one morning and poop will be everywhere. :)

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagehomebird:

Heh. That's what I thought the prune puree would do, but no luck. Maybe I'll try the juice.Thanks.

In the meantime, I'm making her sleep on a sheet saver. I'm pretty much convinced I'm going to wake up one morning and poop will be everywhere. :)

It will be.  I have never seen so much poop come out of such a tiny person.  It was epic.  EPIC.

• Options
    We just went though the same thing.  Pureed prunes and a bit of pear juice did the trick as PP mentioned
  • Options
    We've had this problem recently too.  Pedi told us prune juice but he didn't like it, we then turned to white grape juice and that was better.  It totally helped! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"