Babies: 6 - 9 Months

I'm so glad I didn't play on The Knot boards.

I would have been mortified at how "tacky" our wedding was. I really hope none of my friends know common etiquette.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm so glad I didn't play on The Knot boards.

• I was thinking the same thing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hey, at least you got married, right? I'm sure our living-in-sin-situation is MUCH tackier. Wink Don't worry. There's always someone you're doing better than. :D
    Jack Anderson 2.28.10 Our amazing little man. image
  • Loading the player...
  • Me too. I was the anti-bride. I gave my bridesmaids 5 colors to chose from. I didn't care what style, length and I only chose colors b/c they made me. My wedding planner picked out everything. I just showed up and had fun.
  • Ditto. . . we had the town clerk do ours. . .
  • imageNastyAnnie:
    Hey, at least you got married, right? I'm sure our living-in-sin-situation is MUCH tackier. Wink Don't worry. There's always someone you're doing better than. :D

Dont worry, we live in sin as well.  AND we're having a backyard wedding.  We're BEYOND tacky!!! Confused

• Wait wait for it... We went out to dinner at a restaurant with family and wait, wait, for it they paid for their own dinner!

Instead DH and I spent 3k on our cruise yep I am a selfish biitch!

• Yep. We got married in our church on a Thursday and didn't invite anyone but our immediate families.

Then, we had a BBQ on Saturday (2 days later) that we invited people to through a FB and MySpace invite. It was a pool party and my mom and MIL made all the food.

We specifically asked for no gifts but people gave us gifts (cash and gift cards) anyway. We did send thank you cards....to most people...

This is a test. This is only a test.
  • LOL they would die at my wedding or my brother's wedding (which was fvcking awesome I <3 mexican food)
  • imagemurfygirl:

Wait wait for it... We went out to dinner at a restaurant with family and wait, wait, for it they paid for their own dinner!

Our reversal dinner was at the bowling alley! We had bowling and pizza how's that for klassy!
  • imageanabell0920:
    imagemurfygirl:

Wait wait for it... We went out to dinner at a restaurant with family and wait, wait, for it they paid for their own dinner!

Our reversal dinner was at the bowling alley! We had bowling and pizza how's that for klassy!

I <3 you! We were meant to be friends!

Also if I had to do it over I would have had the captain marry on my cruise and spent the 3k I did on the wedding for a Caribbean instead of Mexico cruise.

• imagemurfygirl:
    imageanabell0920:
    imagemurfygirl:

Also if I had to do it over I would have had the captain marry on my cruise and spent the 3k I did on the wedding for a Caribbean instead of Mexico cruise.

: ) ETA :: looks around:: I wonder how many people are judging us now?
  • imageanabell0920:
    imagemurfygirl:
    imageanabell0920:
    imagemurfygirl:

: ) ETA :: looks around:: I wonder how many people are judging us now?

::grabs ana in fear and looks around::

• I was thinking about a post in that wedding etiquitte thread that said that she was appalled that there were no chairs at a wedding.... we didn't have chairs... or a seating plan... or a full bar.  We might as well have gotten married knee-deep in cow sh!t.
  • imageablou:
    I was thinking about a post in that wedding etiquitte thread that said that she was appalled that there were no chairs at a wedding.... we didn't have chairs... or a seating plan... or a full bar.  We might as well have gotten married knee-deep in cow sh!t.
    That's what I was thinking... We served Dr. Pepper!
  • I go married in my friends' mom's bar/bistro that used to be a pizza hut and is now a credit union.  We invited about 27 people by word of mouth, it was the day after Christmas on a Monday.  We had about 30 pizzas delivered and supplied sam adams and my step mother brought wine (someone brought a dunkin cube and munchkins too, yum!).  DH was only home for 2 weeks from Basic Training so I would have married him in a parking lot of I had to.
    Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • imageMCC1010:
    Me too. I was the anti-bride. I gave my bridesmaids 5 colors to chose from. I didn't care what style, length and I only chose colors b/c they made me. My wedding planner picked out everything. I just showed up and had fun.

actually they would have loved that. That is polite....to give your BMs options ;D

and, pizza for the RD was a common suggestion to save money.

I think you guys are misunderstanding what etiquette is and what people on the knot found "ok" :D

• imagesleepingbeauty825:
    imageablou:
    I was thinking about a post in that wedding etiquitte thread that said that she was appalled that there were no chairs at a wedding.... we didn't have chairs... or a seating plan... or a full bar.  We might as well have gotten married knee-deep in cow sh!t.
    That's what I was thinking... We served Dr. Pepper!
    DP is my crack! I had a big fancy wedding at a B&B that looked like the White House with the staircase from Gone With the Wind. I was also 21 weeks pregnant ::gasp::
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Photobucket
  • We got married on Friday the 13th in my MIL's house. We invited ten people by word-of-mouth and had a home cooked meal afterwards. I wore a green dress and we played cornhole in the backyard. Also, six of us went on my honeymoon, my BIL and his girlfriend and my husband's business partner with his now wife. The horror.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Omfg this thread is hilarious! Was my backyard wedding tacky if my parents backyard is the ocean in Florida? lmao!! I guess so.... Well, maybe mine was high klass tacky... at least we catered and had a limited open bar... gheez... what is wrong with you people!?
  • If you're referring to the wedding post, most people seem to be fine with backyard or non-conventional weddings.  I wasn't on the knot here, so I'm not sure what those boards had to say about anything.

An example of a nice, fun wedding I went to = ceremony and reception in the park.  I think the decorations included white streamers, balloons, and some twinkle lights - who knows.  People danced on the grass and ate BBQ.  Lots of fun.

Tacky = having your ceremony be a four hour drive for EVERYONE (not near anyones' family, or near a place of significance for the couple, or even a very pretty place where people would want to visit).   Asking people to bring food to this far-away place, including sternos.  Not assisting people with finding hotels (there were NONE within 20 miles).  Having a cash bar even for soft drinks and water - I think parents were having their kids run outside (it was at a VFW, which I still don't get since they could've chosen a VFW much closer to where everyone lived) to find a water fountain instead of paying for water.  Not coming around and greeting guests at all (a simple "hi" and "thank you for coming" to each table would've been nice).  Then, never sending out thank you cards, and using the excuse that you refuse to kill more trees just to thank people.  Well, I wish I knew that earlier, I wouldn't have wasted a check on their gift, or even attended - I mean, plane tickets are printed out.
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageIrishBrideND:

imageMCC1010:
    Me too. I was the anti-bride. I gave my bridesmaids 5 colors to chose from. I didn't care what style, length and I only chose colors b/c they made me. My wedding planner picked out everything. I just showed up and had fun.

actually they would have loved that. That is polite....to give your BMs options ;D

and, pizza for the RD was a common suggestion to save money.

I think you guys are misunderstanding what etiquette is and what people on the knot found "ok" :D

This!  Although, making people for their own dinners would have gotten you burned at the stake over there!!  :)

I had a very normal wedding, in knot terms.  But I did not have a full open bar because my friends are boozehounds and I didn't want the headache!  We did open bar for 2 hours right after the ceremony and during the cocktail hour.  And the bridal party had open bar all night.  lol.

• imagemadeleines_mommy:
    Omfg this thread is hilarious! Was my backyard wedding tacky if my parents backyard is the ocean in Florida? lmao!! I guess so.... Well, maybe mine was high klass tacky... at least we catered and had a limited open bar... gheez... what is wrong with you people!?

no. Backyard weddings were not considered tacky over there.

• imageIrishBrideND:

imagemadeleines_mommy:
    Omfg this thread is hilarious! Was my backyard wedding tacky if my parents backyard is the ocean in Florida? lmao!! I guess so.... Well, maybe mine was high klass tacky... at least we catered and had a limited open bar... gheez... what is wrong with you people!?

no. Backyard weddings were not considered tacky over there.

Thank you. I was trying to figure out where people got this idea. I had a garden wedding in my parents' backyard and it was not tacky.  

• I guess I did misunderstand. I still may have been flamed to high heaven, but not for tackiness it seems. We did pay for everything, sent out thank you cards and when it started to rain we built a fire. That counts for something, right?
  • We had a destination wedding.  I let the bridesmaids pick out whatever they wanted to wear.  The resort took care of everything.  I barely lifted a finger except to point to a few stock photos the day before the ceremony.

Orange flowers preeeetty.

Cake?  Yeah sure.

The Knot boards would have been like a foreign language to me.

Baby Boy #1 born 1/15/2010

Babies #2 & #3 arriving Spring 2014 (EDD June 18)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"