Single Parents
Options

You all make me laugh.

In all of this, I've seen TWO sensible posts from this board in relation to all of this.  You guys continuing to make thread after thread about it is sad though...

I will also look through some of my past posts, but I don't know how far back it was, and I am seriously not going to sit here all night and look for old posts.  I will look though... 

I have absolutely no shame in the fact that I have a younger boyfriend.  He is 25 and is more of a man than most of the men that are my age that I have met.  A person's character makes the person... not the person's age.  

Having been a single mom who worked, went to school, dealt with breast cancer, took the city bus to radiation everyday when my car died, and did all the things that I needed to struggle, I can say I paid my dues in single-mom land.  But never once did I post my business or brag online about some one night stand.  I never posted that I'm going to get an order to keep my baby from the dad since I don't think he should have a new woman, etc... 

As for the welfare skank that I addressed... I witnessed that myself in the perinatologist's office.  

However, any remaining class that I could have seen on this board was negated when you implied that I deserved to lose to babies or have gestational diabetes.  I didn't shed a tear over your comment, but trust me when I say that just making such a post has likely bought you a big batch of Karma.  

I'm going to go to bed because I have to work tomorrow.  I also have a headache and my pelvis feels like it's being compressed by a vice.  Oh no Karma, don't hurt me.  

I will check into the posts tomorrow.  Unless I happen to find them quickly.  Unlikely though since "search" on this website never works.  We shall see... 

Re: You all make me laugh.

• Options

I have to go to bed, too.  My younger boyfriend kept me up late with all that talking those young folk have to do.

I guess I should go to work in the morning as well. 

P.S.  I don't think that anyone deserves to have a miscarriage, or have a high risk pregnancy.   Completely out of line.   

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

You know what? Good for you for having a 25 year old man. Seriously kudos. Age isn't anything but a number anyways (once you are legal)

We all have our struggles, and I'm sorry to hear you had breast cancer while dealing with being a single parent. It sucks.

But you shouldn't judge one to three people from the SP board or the person at the doctor's office, ya know?

It's really not a big deal, in all fairness it is your opinion. Just like I have my own.

I just don't like being called a skank-ho for no reason behind it. Wink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Even though you weren't one of those SP's? You were once "one of us" back in the day...so to knock on them, you're pretty much knocking on yourself....

Sorry you had cancer and had a car that didn't work so you had to take the bus, but that doesn't make you better than any other SP (as it's coming across).....so really step off your high horse...

*Signed one NON-skank ho*

(I have no designer labeled purses, and wear clothes from Goodwill)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

In my bag
    d90
    50mm f/1.2 * 28-85mm (Macro) f/3.5-4.5 * 70-300mm f/3.5-4.5
    Opteka Fisheye Adapter * Lightscoop
  • Options
    imagemandaphilly:

I just don't like being called a skank-ho for no reason behind it. Wink

If I had said EVERYONE on that board is a skank-ho, I could see you making that statement.  But I didn't.  You can't possibly say that there aren't a lot of people on this board that make single moms look bad. 

Unfortunately, I looked for the posts, but since this is 9/30/2010, and this thing only goes back two months... I am left without many of the posts I saw or commented on. Supposedly, I can go back further but when I try to I get an error message...

Like the FFFC where some girl was bragging about her one night stand.  Then, posted about how she contacted him because she wanted to try again, etc...

And the "money or no visits" posts that I commented on.  

Most of all, I really wish I could find the one night stand post, but I'm sure she knows who she is...  I wish she'd speak up though, and I'm sure a lot of you saw it.  

Sorry the rest aren't accessible.  Either they are too old, or they were deleted, but not much more I can do about it, nor will I bother at this point.  I don't really care. 

I said MOST of you, not all... so unless you fit the descriptors I mentioned, stop feeling bad or called out by it.  I also think most of the people on the parenting board are a bunch of hags, and they know I feel this.  They don't care though...

• Options
    imageBMenz:

Even though you weren't one of those SP's? You were once "one of us" back in the day...so to knock on them, you're pretty much knocking on yourself....

No, it doesn't mean I'm knocking on myself.  Not at all.  I made a very specific statement.  I didn't say every single single mom is a skank.  That would be ridiculous... but there are PLENTY of them on here... and even more in the real world. 

Good night.  I have to be up in 6 hours. 

• Options
    I obviously have some reading to catch up on ...

• Options
    ITA, there are a lot of SP that come and go on here with a trainwreck story.
  • Options
    imageEmjay221:

In all of this, I've seen TWO sensible posts from this board in relation to all of this.  You guys continuing to make thread after thread about it is sad though...

I will also look through some of my past posts, but I don't know how far back it was, and I am seriously not going to sit here all night and look for old posts.  I will look though... 

I have absolutely no shame in the fact that I have a younger boyfriend.  He is 25 and is more of a man than most of the men that are my age that I have met.  A person's character makes the person... not the person's age.  

Having been a single mom who worked, went to school, dealt with breast cancer, took the city bus to radiation everyday when my car died, and did all the things that I needed to struggle, I can say I paid my dues in single-mom land.  But never once did I post my business or brag online about some one night stand.  I never posted that I'm going to get an order to keep my baby from the dad since I don't think he should have a new woman, etc... 

As for the welfare skank that I addressed... I witnessed that myself in the perinatologist's office.  

However, any remaining class that I could have seen on this board was negated when you implied that I deserved to lose to babies or have gestational diabetes.  I didn't shed a tear over your comment, but trust me when I say that just making such a post has likely bought you a big batch of Karma.  

I'm going to go to bed because I have to work tomorrow.  I also have a headache and my pelvis feels like it's being compressed by a vice.  Oh no Karma, don't hurt me.  

I will check into the posts tomorrow.  Unless I happen to find them quickly.  Unlikely though since "search" on this website never works.  We shall see... 

First of all I will state that anyone that wishes hardships in regards to anyone else lacks class.  Regardless of what you said or didn't say, no one should ever wish hardship, health issues, or danger on anyone else.

The thing that ticked me off in regards to opinions is that you seem to act like you are on some type of pedestal, that you are better than everyone else.  As far as being a SP, you should know how hard some days are.  That some days you want to through in the towel, but you don't because you love your kids and they are your life.    

I am sorry to hear about your cancer.  I am happy to hear that you are a survivor.  While I personally have never undergone chemo, I stood by and watched as DD#1 went through her treatment for the first 18 months of her life.  It was no walk in the park and the fact that you were able to get pregnant again is a miracle in itself.

In regards to the ONS, if I chose to engage in a ONS that is my business and my business alone.  If I chose to post about it on here then that is my business as well.  I shouldn't be judged because I realize that a relationship would not be in my best interest right now.  I have needs and I do enjoy sex.  Sex is a great stress relief on top of a self esteem booster.  Yes, its a selfish thing but that is my choice.  I am ALWAYS safe and that should be all that matters.

As far as coming on the board and venting, I come here because my friends and family don't understand.  They don't know what it's like to be a SP.  I also post here because most of the girls don't sh!t puppies and rainbows.  If I am out of line with my thinking then I expect the girls to put me in my place.  I tell people my opinion whether they like it or not and I expect the same from them.

There are some girls who are drama and definitely fall under the skank-ho category, however, I don't feel that all of us fit under that category.  That is where your judgement failed.  There is no blanket you can cover us all in and your own personal history as a SP should be proof enough of that.

• Options
    imageblondnearby:
    imageEmjay221:

First of all I will state that anyone that wishes hardships in regards to anyone else lacks class.  Regardless of what you said or didn't say, no one should ever wish hardship, health issues, or danger on anyone else.

The thing that ticked me off in regards to opinions is that you seem to act like you are on some type of pedestal, that you are better than everyone else.  As far as being a SP, you should know how hard some days are.  That some days you want to through in the towel, but you don't because you love your kids and they are your life.    

I am sorry to hear about your cancer.  I am happy to hear that you are a survivor.  While I personally have never undergone chemo, I stood by and watched as DD#1 went through her treatment for the first 18 months of her life.  It was no walk in the park and the fact that you were able to get pregnant again is a miracle in itself.

In regards to the ONS, if I chose to engage in a ONS that is my business and my business alone.  If I chose to post about it on here then that is my business as well.  I shouldn't be judged because I realize that a relationship would not be in my best interest right now.  I have needs and I do enjoy sex.  Sex is a great stress relief on top of a self esteem booster.  Yes, its a selfish thing but that is my choice.  I am ALWAYS safe and that should be all that matters.

As far as coming on the board and venting, I come here because my friends and family don't understand.  They don't know what it's like to be a SP.  I also post here because most of the girls don't sh!t puppies and rainbows.  If I am out of line with my thinking then I expect the girls to put me in my place.  I tell people my opinion whether they like it or not and I expect the same from them.

There are some girls who are drama and definitely fall under the skank-ho category, however, I don't feel that all of us fit under that category.  That is where your judgement failed.  There is no blanket you can cover us all in and your own personal history as a SP should be proof enough of that.

Perfect.

• Options

I am no better than any other person. I would never say I was. The ladies here understand the day to day struggles more than any of my friends or family can. So it's wrong to come here and vent or just get things off our chest? I am not a closet SP like you were. You decided to hide in fear of what others might say, I do not.

I am sorry you had cancer, I am sorry you had to walk, I am sorry your marriage did not work out. But do not sit there and put all SP's in a corner with a label.

I could give two poops what you think of me, but do not act like your shiiiiiit does not stink because I can smell it all the way in CT.

image www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • Options
    imagecarrieannew:

I am no better than any other person. I would never say I was. The ladies here understand the day to day struggles more than any of my friends or family can. So it's wrong to come here and vent or just get things off our chest? I am not a closet SP like you were. You decided to hide in fear of what others might say, I do not.

I am sorry you had cancer, I am sorry you had to walk, I am sorry your marriage did not work out. But do not sit there and put all SP's in a corner with a label.

I could give to poops what you think of me, but do not act like your shiiiiiit does not stink because I can smell it all the way in CT.

Yes 

• Options

I wasn't a closet SP, and I never hid from anyone.  I just didn't need to pour my soul out to strangers for support. 

No one said my shiit doesn't stink either, because I'm human.  But I don't fan my business all over the internet like some people do, especially when it isn't anything I would be proud to admit.  

I never walked anywhere by the way, I took public transportation while my car was broken.  Don't feel bad about my divorce.  It was a wonderful thing.  

• Options
    imageEmjay221:

I wasn't a closet SP, and I never hid from anyone.  I just didn't need to pour my soul out to strangers for support. 

No one said my shiit doesn't stink either, because I'm human.  But I don't fan my business all over the internet like some people do, especially when it isn't anything I would be proud to admit.  

I never walked anywhere by the way, I took public transportation while my car was broken.  Don't feel bad about my divorce.  It was a wonderful thing.  

You know each time you speak you put yourself higher and higher on your pedestal. What you feel is wrong, others might feel is ok. You need to learn to deal with that and move on. But to judge others because of your expectations, just sucks.

image www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • Options
    imagecarrieannew:
    imageEmjay221:

You know each time you speak you put yourself higher and higher on your pedestal. What you feel is wrong, others might feel is ok. You need to learn to deal with that and move on. But to judge others because of your expectations, just sucks.

This exactly. 

As well as recounting different things about everything you went through which seems like you are trying to turn this whole thing into a weird kind of one-up-manship about who's had the most miserable SP experience. 

• Options
    I missed the whole situation but anyways...age is just a number. I know plenty of 20yr olds that more mature then individuals older then them and vice versa. As for people wishing your babies would die or gestational diabetes on you...that's just horrible. To wish harm on another individual especially innocent babies makes those individuals the lowest. I'm sorry they find you as a punching bag but obviously they have no lives and haven't gotten past high school. Anyways good luck.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"