Infertility

DH, strange behavior...urs too?

DH has always taken a blindly positive outlook on our IVF.  He is also not a very "touchy feely emotional type".

Last nite he tells me that he has some baby names in mind, but he doesn't want to tell me.  He desn't want to "jinx our cycle".  I got emotional bc I feel like he is being strong for me, and hiding his real feelings.

Then today, he bought me a blood pressure monitor!?!?!?  He said I need it for when I am pregnant; to monitor my blood pressure HUH.  I don't even have high BP and I am CLEARLY not pregnant.

So much for not "jinxing us".  Clearly he is blindly optomistic again.

Obviously I want a BFP for our IVF, but I think I am more realistic about the possible outcomes.  I wonder what is going on in his head?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DH, strange behavior...urs too?

• I think my DH is too optimistic.  I think I am realistic - he thinks I am Debbie Downer!

But as our IF struggle continues, his optimism wanes. 

• imagenjohnson1972:

I think my DH is too optimistic.  I think I am realistic - he thinks I am Debbie Downer!

But as our IF struggle continues, his optimism wanes. 

I'd say too optimisic for my DH too.

• Loading the player...
  • You could have been writing this about my DH.  He is exactly the same way and sometimes I just want to punch him and other times I worry that if this doesn't work that he is going to fall apart.  I guess it is good that at least one of us is optimistic.  I am positive about the cycle but also am totally consumed with self doubt and worries.

TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageYellow_Daisy:

You could have been writing this about my DH.  He is exactly the same way and sometimes I just want to punch him and other times I worry that if this doesn't work that he is going to fall apart.  I guess it is good that at least one of us is optimistic.  I am positive about the cycle but also am totally consumed with self doubt and worries.

We are def in the same boat bc i feel the same as u...positive, but with natural worry.

• OMG!  That's so sweet!  I love he is trying to take care of you and the baby before you're even KU!  Very cute.
  • that is so random! and so funny!
  • MH is the same way!  too optimistic, I'm pessimistic/realistic.

Surprise BFP after 5 yrs of TTC
  • Your DH and mine sound very similar. He's our cheerleader, but I know he's hiding some stronger feelings from me.
  • Bless his heart...I know...my DH was SHOCKED when our first IUI didn't work...during my 2ww, if I mentioned ANYTHING going on with my body he said, "That's because you're preggers!" I kept reminding him that even people who have NO IF issues, there's still only a 30% chance each cycle to get pregnant. Obviously it'll be lower if there are issues....I think it's just that guys have in their head what our health class teachers told us in school...that you can get pregnant if the wind blows! Sometimes it's not that easy unfortunately. I wish you two the best of luck though and hope you DO get a BFP this time around!!!!

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"