Trouble TTC

~*~3T IVF Check-In 9/30~*~

There are quite a few of us going through IVF here on 3T so I thought a check-in where we could give updates and offer support to one another would be helpful.

I will post it on Thursday nights and then re-post on Friday.

Please let me know if you would like to be added!

QOTW:   How is your DH holding up so far during the IVF process?

3T IVF Success Club

September:

Mari  IVF#1

Gym  IVF#1

In the 2WW 

Itmamma   3dp3dt

jessalynn221   5dt

On Stims

L&R70707  IVF#1

Lupron

lyse2143  IVF#1

cbubbles2  IVF#1

BCPs

mdluv21  IVF#1

jillmatheny  IVF #1

magnolia_femme  IVF#1

mikeandangie IVF#2

Waiting to Start a Future Cycle

STL34  IVF#2

mybellbride2be  IVF#1

lovemycoach  IVF #1.3

TTC since 07/2009
Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
SAIF/PAIF Welcome
Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.

Re: ~*~3T IVF Check-In 9/30~*~

• Update:  I have been on BCPs for 3 weeks, 2 days.  I go in tomorrow for an u/s and I am praying my cysts are gone so that they will give me my final protocol and I can order my meds.  I am hoping to start Lupron next week.

Emotionally I have highs and lows.  I have started going to the RESOLVE support group sessions and that really helped.  DH is losing his job in 4 more weeks so that is adding a lot more stress for both of us.

QOTW:  He is very hopeful about the IVF process.  I think he is in a bit of denial because he doesn't seem to think there a chance it WON'T work.  I hope he is not crushed if it doesn't the first try.  

TTC since 07/2009
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Sweetie this looks great, you rock!

QOTW: DH has been really sweet and understanding about where I've been coming from, reasons behind being emotional, etc. He is more nervous than I am but it was really cute for him to say during his favorite show that tomorrow was Friday, first day of Lupron!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey ladies.  Good luck!

Update:  Just had my WTF today.  Haven't decided if I will start BCPs now or do a natural cycle.  I am hoping to hear from my coordinator soon so we can figure things out a bit. 

QOTW:  My DH is doing better than I am.  I was devastating about our BFN.  He definitely helped pull me through it.  I love him to death and love that he is so supportive.   

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• QOTW: my DH has been cool with the whole thing. he has been really interested in everything and wanting to know how i was progressing the whole time.

Update: I have my 5dt tomorrow morning!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejessalynn221:

QOTW: my DH has been cool with the whole thing. he has been really interested in everything and wanting to know how i was progressing the whole time.

Good luck tomorrow! 

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• imagejessalynn221:

QOTW: my DH has been cool with the whole thing. he has been really interested in everything and wanting to know how i was progressing the whole time.

GL!  I will add you to the list!

TTC since 07/2009

SAIF/PAIF Welcome
  • QOTW: DH has been awesome! He has been totally involved, wanting to know everything that is going on, how I feel, etc. He is currently waiting on me hand and foot!

Update: I had my 5dt this morning! We transferred 2 blasts and we have 2 to freeze!

TTC #1 since 8/09, Dx MFI 4/10
    IUI #1: 6/10 = Cancelled, IUI #2: 7/10 = Cancelled, IVF #1: 9/10 = BFP
    Baby girl arrived - 6/14/11

TTC #2
    IVF #2 - Oct/Nov 2012: 11/5 - eSET - 7 Frosties - BFP
    Baby girl arrived - 7/17/13 

TTC #3
    FET #1 6/21/18

• What a great idea! 

I'm on BCP now for IVF #2.  I had my pre-IVF checkup at the RE today and he said everything was looking good to start stims on Sat 10/9 as planned. 

QOTD:  I think DH is holding up really well.  He wants a baby too, so he supports my wanting to move forward asap.

TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

• mdluv, can you please add me? I'm currently on the fourth day of stim (antogonist protocol).

This is my first IVF (first time on any medication) so it's quite a roller coaster. At my baseline on Monday they found a 35mm cyst but doctor gave me the option to aspirate it if all hormones were 'quiet'. Since they were, I took the option. Injects so far have not been bad and I'm trying to take one day at a time else I freak out about what could go wrong. Good Luck to all!!!!

QOTW: DH has been very supportive, he stays with me during the injects to support me and 'make sure I'm doing everything right'. I guess since the nurse made him do all the mixing and injects during class he feels all proud of himself :). It helps though and love that he stops what he's doing to do it with me. We'll see how he does when he has to do the IM injects!

• Great job mdluv!

I am waiting on AF to arrive so I can start stims. If I don't start by today the RE wants me to come in the morning. Hopefully I start because on saturdays he is in LA and I do NOT want to drive in traffic, plus I have a wedding tomorrow night that I just wanted to spend the day preparing for! I'm not sure what we'll do if AF is a no show.

QOTW: DH is very, very supportive and excited to get going. He had a great time mixing all the meds at our inject training session (maybe too much fun). I think he is excited that he gets to be a part of the process by handling the meds and injections. He is really good abut being optimistic but realistic. Bless this sweet man. :)

• eeek!!  so cool to finally be under the stims section.

QOTD:  DH is taking it pretty well.  We'll see how he does with the trigger and PIO shots.  He was ok at the injections training, but he was a little awed by the size of the needle.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Good luck ladies!!! 

Update on me: AF came today...have appt with RE Monday - yay!! :)  I should know more next check-in.

QOTW: DH is my rock...I'm an emotional mess at times and he always calms me down and puts things into perspective for me.  I know this journey has been tough on him too and I try to remember this when I'm having tough days.  He always says that we're in this together and it will happen for us when it's meant to.

Happy Ever After August 2, 2008
    TTC since April 2009 * m/c August '09 6w3d
    HSG Sept. 2010: both tubes blocked
    IVF#1 November 2010: BFN
    FET#1 January 2011: BFN
    IVF#2 April 2011: BFN
    IVF#3 June 2011: BFP!
    1st BETA 107; 2nd BETA 227; 3rd BETA 515
    m/c August 1st 10w1d
    **SAIFW**
  • Thanks mdluv!  This looks great.

I have my baseline u/s and b/w on Saturday, and I take my last BCP Saturday too!  I should be starting Gonal-F on Wednesday.  Here's hoping my meds get here on time!

QOTW:  DH is holding up OK.  It has definitely been a challenge for him, but it's easier than the IUIs.  He actually believes the IVF will work, but he thought the IUIs were BS.  I think it's because he has spent a lot more time educating himself on IVF, but hey. 

One of the things I have always struggled with is how whenever I get upset (about a BFN, CD 1, IF in general), instead of comforting me and being sensitive he gets mad about how unfair it is that we are going through this.  This does not help me at all.  I've only been able to articulate this recently, though, and he's been better about it lately.

(sorry for the super long answer)

• Thanks for doing this!

Could you add me to the list?  I start Lupron next Friday for IVF#2.

QOTW:  DH is been good.  He gave me every single shot last IVF cycle.  He did admit that he is nervous about starting this next cycle.  He said I was a little difficult to deal with Embarrassed and he is nervous about another negative result.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"