Babies: 3 - 6 Months

I am so bored and lonely...

I really need to make some mommy friends besides you lovely ladies on the bump. :) How have you all made mommy friends in your area? I seriously need a life again and to start getting out of the house. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket

Re: I am so bored and lonely...

• I actually met Mopsie IRL, we friended each other on FB and have had a couple of playdates with our DDs. She's also hired me as a per diem basis at her office.

Contact your local baby/kid consignment stores to see if they have any information on playgroups, etc. I know that the few in my area have playgroups of their own, and also post information about other groups you can join.
  • We just moved in August, so I don't know anyone here.

I found a group online and have been to 1 meetup with some moms and I also signed up for weekly storytime at the library - that's the best so far!

Once DD is old enough, I want to sign up for swim classes at the Y and hopefully we'll meet some more people there.

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • There are two girls I work with who have babies, one is 10 months and the other is around 2 months.  We've only hung out once so far, but it was fun!  I go to a moms group on Wednesdays and keep trying to get to story time at B&N on Tuesdays, but it hasn't happened yet.  I have a feeling it will take awhile to really make friends with some moms, but we're working on it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I have quite a few friends that had babies around the same time I did and a couple are going to have theirs in the next month. So I have lots of mommies to have play dates with but it has yet to happen except for the exception of one time. I met up with a friend and her DS at the mall, but DD had a meltdown so we couldn't stay very long. I think once DD gets a little older and can play by herself, it will get easier.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a couple of mom friends around here, but honestly, we've never really hung out with our kids together because we're all so busy.  I haven't met anyone from here IRL, but would be interested in meeting up with a few in the NYC area. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageGPGIRLY:
    I really need to make some mommy friends besides you lovely ladies on the bump. :) How have you all made mommy friends in your area? I seriously need a life again and to start getting out of the house. 
    ME TOO!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I was feeling the same way as you. I just became a fulltime stay at home mom when my son was born. I was depressed and going crazy with my 2 yr old at home. I just joined a group. It is called mommy and me. I just looked up groups on the internet. I love it so far. It has different activites planned almost everyday. You can just pick and choose. I have met some really nice moms. Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"