Multiples
Options

those with chicco keyfit car seats

I can't decide if I want to get the new double snap n go that holds the car seats or if I want to just spend more money right away and get the chicco double stroller. Which did you get?

Re: those with chicco keyfit car seats

• Options
    I'd get the DSNG and then decide which stroller you want later. I only used the DSNG for the first 7 months and ended up selling the other strollers I had previously purchased since by then I knew what I wanted and what I'd use it the most for.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagehopefulrockygirl:
    I can't decide if I want to get the new double snap n go that holds the car seats or if I want to just spend more money right away and get the chicco double stroller. Which did you get?

lol, ive been debating the same thing!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We decided to get just the chicco double stroller.  So far it has worked great! We don't have a lot of room to store things so we didn't want to get two strollers.  The stoller is really easy to open/fold down, the seats click in without much effort and it maneuvers nicely.
    BFP July 09 - m/c Aug 09
    BFP Nov 09 - c/p Dec 09
    BFP Dec 09 - A&J born in August 2010 at 37w, 6d
    BFP Sept 11 - ectopic pregnancy/left tube removed
    BFP April 12 - E born December 2012 at 39w, 1d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Well, we got the DSNG and never used it.  Good thing I got it off CL and only spent $30.

That being said, my boys have used their carseats far less than I've ever thought.. We walk everywhere and when we take them out to dinner, DH and I just carry the carseats into the restaurant.

We have the bumbleride which we use everyday for walks and runs (dh runs, I'm a lazy bum).

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

this is all good info thank you. the reason i'm hesitating on the DSNG is because some people dont' seem to like it, and it doesn't always appear that the chicco seats fits great on it. Plus if you spend appr. $100 on the DSNG and then have to get another stroller later you aren't saving money.... Amazing how much I am really really overanalyzing this! We just can't afford to keep buying tons of strollers so I wnat to make the most practical choice.

Oh and I'm a lazy bum too so won't run hahaha

• Options

I got the DSNG of craigslist and we already had the carseats and freaked out because they didn't seem to fit and then found a youtube video that showed how to put them in the DSNG - you have to remove a couple bars - they do not snap in, but with the straps it's fine - up until this week I walked my girls 4 miles through our hilly neighborhood every morning and never had a problem.

Also, the chicco keyfit 30 is one of the only carseats that was approved by our hospital for babies under 5 lbs and one of mine was 4lb 11oz even full term, so I was so grateful that we got them! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    got the double stroller from bbb.. used a 20% off coupon so it ended up even less than $300.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We got the chicco double.   I love it!  I knew I'd want a tandem for when they are out of the car seats.  Why waste $ on something you can only use few a few months?  We also got a side by side jogger too. 
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We have the DSNG and like it.  THe seats fit in just fine, and it's been perfect for the $60 we paid off CL.  We also have a double BOB that we use for walks and will use for the zoo and stuff.  That's all the strollers we plan to get.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We got the chicco double stroller.  I had chicco travel system for my son and it worked out so well that I decided I wanted the same set up with the twins.  It's worked out quite well for me.
  • Options

I've learned that it's WORTH IT to spend good money on a GOOD stroller!  I learned the hard way.  I would suggest looking on craigslist for a DSNG stroller, you can find them super cheap.  My SIL got one on CL for $40 and she's passing it down to me!  If you end up hating it, I'm sure you could sell it again for what you bought it for.  Plus, it's not a stroller you're going to need for TOO long anyway!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think I'm in the minority here but I hated my DSNG. It was hard to maneuver and I was constantly running into things with it. I'd go with the Chicco double.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"