Cincinnati Babies
Options

Allergist Appmt. today

So we went to a new allergist today for DD after a BAD experience last year with a Children's Hosp doctor (which totally surprised us!).  We LOVE our new doctor but the appmt. was sooooo overwhelming!!  Here is a list of what DD is allergic to.....dust mites, feathers, 2 of 3 molds, dogs/cats, grass, ragweed, egg whites, peanuts/tree nuts, and soy...it was really a lot to take in.  Last year we found out about eggs whites and peanuts, so we have adjusted accordingly however, everything else is about to send me overboard!  AGUH, what in the world is causing all these allergies in kids?!  Lot of new literature for us to read!!!! :-)

Re: Allergist Appmt. today

• Options
    i deal with ragweed, mold, pollen, feathers, wool and dust. honestly the food that you already knew about is the worst of it. it is annoying being a regular allergy sufferer: indoor, outdoor and seasonal plus year round. there are a ton of tricks to help with those types of allergies: pillow covers, mattress covers, hepa filters. another thing you can do: wash, wash, wash! wash everything! wash curtains, wash upholstry, wash mattresses, wash pillows, wash stuffed animals.. all on HOT to kill the allergens. using a netipot or sinus rinse can help clear out those allergens as well and provide as preventative measures for sinus infections and such. vacuum every day as well! i know it seems really overwhelming right now but in this area seasonal allergies are very common for pollens, weeds, and molds.
  • Options

I have been wondering the same thing, what's causing all these allergies in children?!  It's crazy to think about.

I'm sorry your appointment was overwhelming, but glad you like your new doctor. I hope you find a way to manage it all even though right now it sounds challenging.  Awareness is the first step!

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesistrkate:

I have been wondering the same thing, what's causing all these allergies in children?!  It's crazy to think about.

I'm sorry your appointment was overwhelming, but glad you like your new doctor. I hope you find a way to manage it all even though right now it sounds challenging.  Awareness is the first step!

I totally agree with Katie!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"