3rd Trimester

Bottle prop?

Arent these dangerous? Im talking about the contraptions and such that hold the bottle for babies who cant hold the bottle themselves yet. This just sounds dangerous to me. Is is not a choking hazard?

Im talking about these things

The baby in the photo seems to be a bit older than the infant I saw with one at the Social Security office today. The baby was a maybe 2-4months and mommy was turned away until every few minutes the baby would start coughing because she was getting no breaks to breathe.

Be honest am I just being....uptight? or is this seriously a choking hazard?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bottle prop?

• Those are horrible for so many reasons.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Those are awful, babies should be held when they are being fed- interaction is important- it's more than just nutrition!  I suppose if you're having multiples it might be useful at times but geez otherwise it's unnecessary.
  • Loading the player...
  • I never propped bottles (using any method) and I fed 2 babies at once. These are just for lazy people!
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• come on ladies - feeding a baby is sooooo hard!  I mean - who wants to spend their time holding a bottle when they could be doing something else? 

Laziness at its best

• It drives me nuts when I see people walking around the mall with the baby in a stroller using one of these. Seriously you can't take 15-20 minutes to sit down and feed your baby? So lazy.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not something I would use for my baby looks too dangerous and a choking hazard
    DD 11/5/10 born by c section DS 9/8/07 born by c section due to Pre-e/Hellp Syndrome m/c at 5 1/2 weeks 8/4/06 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
  • That is terrible!

Feeding is a bonding time.  

• Huge choking hazard. I did watch an episode of Bringing Home Baby once where the couple had triplets and the mom utilized something like that to feed them, but she was supervising them the whole time. In that situation, I could see how you might need to do something like that. For one kid, no way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"