Stay at Home Moms
Options

***Ims***

How are you feeling? Hopefully better.

did they get the strep test back? how are the boys feeling? hopefully they don't catch it-

plugged ducts are rough- have you tried massage or compressions to help fully empty the breast when the little guy is eating? that has always helped me.

either way- hope you are doing better! : )

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: ***Ims***

• Options

Hi Stacy!  Thanks so much for the check-in.  That is really sweet of you. 

My throat is soo much better.  Tuesday morning it started feeling better.  Thank goodness for antibiotics!  The boys seem to be fine so fingers crossed that they don't pick it up.  I hear it is super contagious.  

I should try the massage/compression.  That is a good idea.  Clearly I am prone to breast infections (3 last time) and they are so not fun.  This one seems to have probably just been a temporarily plugged duct and not an infection, and I just kept starting to nurse on that breast each time he ate, so that hopefully helped clear it.  But now it's something to keep an eye on!

How are YOU doing?  I am completely amazed that you are making dinner, posting on here, and generally carrying on with your usual things and you JUST had Chase.  Is he still eating well?  I love your new pic.  It is great to see your face up close and of course the little ones are adorable!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am pretty lucky- Chase is a really laid back kinda guy- I think one of the reasons why i just seem to 'together' (for now that is) is that I did so much freakin 'prep' work before this baby was born- I think my nesting kicked in around the time i got my BFP. lol- I seriously did a meal plan for a month- all the groceries for the meals, totally stocked everything, and had everything in place. I mean I was ridiculously super anal (and that is sooooo NOT like me-) I was driving my DH bonkers i am sure- but I just have no desire to think about things like : running out of this or that and having to run to the grocery store-

A neighbor came over to visit and they had a baby two months ago- and the DH was like, omg were you like nesting before we came- your house is spotless and you are just all calm sitting on the couch enjoying the baby. lol-

My DH laughed- (but it was nice to have something noticed)

I just know how to make things easier on myself and anticipate needs (at least Gisele's)- so before I go to bed at night- I prep her breakfast and set it out (cereal in a bowl with lid- pancakes cooked and in fridge etc)- so I can just get up- nurse Chase- and minimally cut up a piece of fruit for G and breakfast for both of them is done. little things like that- is how i am just plugging along.

I am sure things will unravel soon enough lol. Fatigue also hasn't bothered me yet- I don't know if its because I am just used to it- or if that will hit later on too. But so far Chase nurses at 11- gets up at 2 and again at 6. He eats and goes right back down- so not bad at all.

glad to hear the antibiotics worked and the boys are healthy. I can't believe someone was sick all of that time- you said 6 weeks right? you guys are due for a nice quiet healthy fall!!! :)

Another hint for the plugged ducts- move your babies chin around while he eats. line it up to different parts of your breasts to make sure he is fully emptying the breasts in the different parts. Where his chin is lined up is where the ducts are going to empty. That and compressions will definitely help. After he is done nursing check your breasts over by feeling to make sure you don't have any hard spots and generally empty. if you feel a harder spot you can gently massage it to help loosen it up and hopefully he will get to that spot next nursing- or you can try to pop him back on right away.

luckily i was able to avoid the plugged ducts (while pumping w/ gisele) with doing those things.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"