Success after IF
Options

Holy big baby Batman!

Just got back from my Dr.'s appointment.  They did a growth u/s and told me that the kid is 7lbs 4oz--give or take a pound!  I'm only 34 1/2 weeks--even if this kid is 6lbs 4oz, that's going to be a huge kid at full term.  I have a feeling this kid might come out before its due date.  Anyone track this big this early?  And if so, did you go full term, early, late?  TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Holy big baby Batman!

• Options
    Wow, that is big! Hayden wasn't even that big at that point. At 36 weeks when I had him he was 5lb. 10oz. which was considered a good size for his gestation. Are you sure they meant she is that size now or she could be that size when she is born? If she is that big already, she could easily be a 9-10 lber if you go full term.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's the size of the kid now!  Crazy!  We're going to have to see how the next couple of weeks go!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

WOWZA!!

Glad they know so they can keep an eye on things from here on out!

Do they plan to do another growth scan?

Sounds like you may end up in the same boat as one of my good friends.

Her kids are 17 months apart but her son is so big that everyone assumes they're twins.  (not at first of course but now that they're in grade school...)

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    Wow!  Well, Alyson measured at 5lbs on her growth scan at exactly 34 weeks.  She was born at 34w3d and weighed in at 5lb 4oz so pretty close!  We all thought that was big for 34 weeks so your lo is measuring much bigger.  Of course, those things can be off sometimes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Around 37 weeks, I was told the baby was about 8 lbs. I laughed cause I thought no way I could have such a big baby...I'm only 5'3" and about 130lbs. Doc said baby will come before due date...she was wrong. My due date came and went, still no baby. I was induced a week late and he was 9lbs 10oz. I had a csection, after pushing for over 2 hours. My doc said next time around, if baby is as big, they will do something early on. I know others who've had big babies and they were induced early so they would not have to have a csection. I hope your baby comes on their own and before or on your due date. I was so miserable the last week...could barely walk.
  • Options
    Although I'm not even 28 weeks, I learned something similar today (posted immediately above, in fact ;)).  I don't have any advice, but I wanted to say GOOD LUCK!!! :)
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Options
    I, too, got similar news recently.  DS2 is currently estimated at above the 90th %ile for size.  That will make him a 9 lb-er if this continues.  DH was over 9 lbs, and my brother was over 10 lbs, so this is feasible!  They told me very late in the game that DS1 would be a 9 lb-er, though, and he was very average at 7 lbs 7 oz.  I've heard that the estimates are not as accurate toward the end, so maybe (hopefully?) they were off a bit?  Hang in there, Mama!!
  • Options

At 32 w he was 6 lbs, 36 weeks 8 lbs.  He was born at 39w at a whooping 10 lbs, 22 inches.  He was a bruiser compared to other newborns. 

He's now under the 50% for weight and he's never been on the charts for length.  At his 6 month checkup he was 29 inches, now he's about 30.5 at 7 months tomorrow.  Pedi has stated he's freakishly tall Cool

Sorry no paragraphs, bumping from my phone.
    I once had a picture until the trolls showed up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 7/08 PCOS dx 8/28/04 Met 1000 mg and Clomid cycles 1-4 1/6/09-5/2/09 BFN
    Clomid 100mg 6/4/09=O'd=BFP on 6/29/09! Beta@14DPO 70.8 Beta@16DPO 152. EDD 3/7/10.
    First u/s on 7/13/09 @6w0d heard and saw heartbeat 102 bpm.
    K M #1 arrived via c/s 3/1/10 10 lbs, 22 inches long at 39 weeks.

Surprise expecting #2. Med-free BFP on 8/1/11! Beta@15DPO 58.2 Beta@17DPO 198.3 Beta@23DPO 2338. EDD 4/9/12
    K M #2 arrived via c/s 3/19/12 9 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long at 37 weeks.
    "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."
  • Options

At my 35-week scan, DD was measured at around 6 and a half pounds. I'd been measuring 2 weeks ahead by fundal height for weeks at that point.

I was told 'You're going to have this baby early, she's so big!' but that if I hadn't had her by 39 weeks I had to come back for another growth scan. 

Yeah, 39 weeks, not a lick of progress, baby was super comfy and not even remotely engaged. Peri told me she didn't have to work to find her head on the u/s at all, she was so far above my pelvis. At THAT scan, I was told she was at least 9 pounds, and had it recommended that I either induce that week or have a c-section at 40 weeks

Talked it over with my OB and I opted for the c-section at 40 weeks since I wasn't even remotely favorable for an induction and didn't want to be induced then have an emergency c-section due to lack of progress. Tried to walk her out, no luck, still no progress even right before we went into the OR.

She was 9 lbs 11 oz and 20.5 inches when she was born on her due date. I grow big babies.  (FWIW, DH was over 8 pounds when he was born, and his mom's side of the family has big babies. I was a peanut, but early; my mom was over 8 pounds, too.) She's pretty much off the charts, 15 pounds right now.

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"