3rd Trimester
Options

early labor frustration

I have been haveing contractions every 10 minutes apart for almost two days but keep getting sent home from the clinic and hospital to 'await better labor" since I am not dilating any more past a 2. How long do they let this go before they do something?! I am so exhausted and sore, I had so much trouble staying focused at work yesterday so stayed home today but I can't keep staying home just to wait for nothing. Is two days of this at 38 weeks too early for me to demand something be done? Well either way I got a lot done around the house today trying to stay busy which my DH actually acknowledged with a stunned "WOW!" when he got home:)

Re: early labor frustration

• Options

I can't speak for all doctors, but my doctors will not induce until at least your due date (or later usually) unless there is a problem.

• Options
    imageashleywebber:

I can't speak for all doctors, but my doctors will not induce until at least your due date (or later usually) unless there is a problem.

My doctors are pretty much the same. FWIW I have been having contractions for the past 4 weeks that just havent been effective enough yet, so I understand the exhaustion.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

You're only 38 weeks and having false labor-it happens, it's normal.  Settle in and relax while you wait for your body to be ready to have a baby.  Stop going to the hospital until they are 5 minutes apart and very strong.   Being induced right now will probably backfire on you as your body isn't ready. 

• Options
    I have been experiencing the same thing since last Friday.  At this point, I am home because being at work makes it worse.  I am working from home and nesting I guess.  Try to relax and don't get worried.  My doctor told me yesterday, at my 39 week appointment, that if they are not that bad or I think they are "false" labor, then try some red wine!  I haven't tried it yet, just tired and exhausted.  Last time I was in the hospital, they gave me sleeping pills - took one and never again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"