TTC After a Loss

Introduction and a question

Hi Ladies,

I've been lurking for awhile now and thought I would officially introduce myself.  My name is Kara and I have a 2 1/2 year old son and we recently lost our ds at 20 weeks this past July.  I have learned so much already from everyone on this board and also on the Miscarriage board, and I hope to be a more active poster in the coming months. 

Here is my WWYD question...   I had blood work done about 5 weeks ago and the results came back that I tested positive for Lupas Anticoagulant (a blood clotting disorder) my OB said he would like to re test because there is a chance it could have been a false positive, but you have to wait 12 weeks from the original test.  Ok...on to the question, My Dr. said he is not saying we cannot get pregnant before the retest, if I do get pregnant before the confirmation, he will treat me as if I have it, which would be with daily Levonox shots.  So would you wait 2 more cycles to start trying for the re test or would you start trying now and IF you happened to get pregnant in the 1st 2 cycles you would have to do daily injections

Sorry this is long and confusing...I'm kind of confused myself

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Introduction and a question

• Welcome to the board and I am sorry for your loss.  When you get a chance, please check out our TTCAL blog--the link is in the bottom of my siggy. 

I guess since it is only two cycles, I would probably wait.  Those Lovenox injections do not sound fun.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome to the board. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

I would probably wait myself (except, even waiting the one cycle I was told to wait for after my m/c was really hard...) just because daily shots do not sound like fun. But, on the other hand, I know when you feel ready to try again, it's so hard to TTA... (so, I'm no help at all...) 

Good luck making the decision.

Suze
    TTC#1 since May 2009
    PCOS * Hypothyroid

Bean - BFP May 26, 2010. EDD Feb 3, 2011. Natural Miscarriage 8w5d - June 29, 2010.
    Pumpkin - BFP Feb 8, 2011. EDD Oct 21, 2011. Natural Miscarriage 6w3d - Feb 28, 2011.

Femera started November 2014. 3 rounds, no luck. Moving to IUI.
    March 2015: IUI#1 - nope.
    May 2015: IUI#2 - nada.
    October 2015: IUI#3 - BFP on Nov 2, 2015! *stick baby stick!*

• Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for your loss.

I would wait.  I would want to know what was wrong, or if something was wrong before trying again.  Especially if there are any side effects to the Levonox shots. 

BFP #1 - Twin B lost at 5w
    Bryce Addison  I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    Our baby boy was born sleeping on 9.17.10. He was 19w1d.
    BFP #2 - Twin B lost at 4w
    Twin A
    BFP #3 - Lost at 5w
    BFP #4 - Lost at 4w
    BFP #5

• Welcome to the board and I'm sorry for your loss.

I personally would wait. Two cycles isn't that long in the grand scheme of things. Then you know you are starting on solid ground rather than a well it may be. Those shots don't sound fun either and I'm sure they are expensive so if you can avoid them do it.

Good luck!

• Sorry I don't have any advce for you but wanted to say sorry for your loss.

I hope you are able to find great support with all the wonderful ladies here on this board.

• Welcome to the board. I do not have an answer for you, but follow what your heart says.
  • I am so very sorry for your loss.

Welcome to the board. This is an amazing group of women with a wealth of knowledge. I hope you find support here ((((hugs))))

* PAL/PgAL Bumpie & NBC-Twi Nestie * imageBloggity Blog BFP #1 in 2001 ? natural m/c @ 9w4d ? TTC our first since 2009 ? BFP #2 on 8/25/2010 ? natural M/C @ 7w6d on 9/25/2010 Clomid cycle #1 @ 50mg = BFP #3 on 1/1/11 ~ EDD 9/14/2011!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"