January 2011 Moms
Options

Moms of 2 or more that has had an epi or a few c-sections

I keep forgetting to bring this up with my doctor. With dd I got an epi during labor. Well right after the meds got in my body my bp dropped, I passed out and dd's heart rate dropped. I don't know if they gave me need to get my bp back up and no one in the room that day remembers if they did or not either. I remember waking with the mask on to get more air in my system to get dd's heart rate up and tons of nurses, my doctor and the guy who did the epi was in the room. Did something like this happen to you and happen with each child? My doctor has not asked me to get my records or had me sign anything to get them. He has also not asked if I had problems like this. He does know the epi did not work during my c-section and that I had fears of that happening again. He said he will make sure it works and that I'm ok thur the whole thing. If I feel anything he will have me put out. I felt the whole c-section with my daughter and was not put out until they cut her cord.

Re: Moms of 2 or more that has had an epi or a few c-sections

• Options
    I am so sorry that this happened to you but it rare that something like this happens. I have had 3 c-sections and no problems. I hope that he takes really go care of you and everything goes well. I will keep you in my Ts&Ps when it come to this because I can only imagine how traumatic that was for you.
  • Options
    So since its rare most likely the bp thing wont happen again. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It is my understanding that if you've not gotten at least two bags of fluid in within the hour before getting your epi that your BP can bottom out. They were backed up when I got mine (lots of women in labor) and they had to practically hang my bags from the ceiling to push them in fast enough and ensure that wouldn't happen.

That being said, it could just be a reaction to the type of anesthesia they used on you and you definitely need to bring that up at your next OB appt and again when you go in to deliver. 

DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"