Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

STTN

Oh how I wish my 3 month old was and wish she would take longer naps then 20 minutes. I work overnights and its getting tougher by the day.

Re: STTN

• Options
    Do you swaddle her at nap time? What about a white noise machine?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She has never been swaddled until today and she did nap an hour so I will continue to try it and also just bought her the sea horse.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How long is she awake between naps (or nap attempts)?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    She will be awake from 1-2 hours then shows sleepy signs.
  • Options

imageracing04:
    She will be awake from 1-2 hours then shows sleepy signs.

That's actually a good amount of awake time. Here's the guideline I've gone by and it worked great for us:

Guideline for Awake time for babies
    Newborn 50-60 mins
    1 month 60 mins-hour and 15
    2 months 1 hour and 15 - 20 mins
    3 months 1 hour and 20 - 30 mins
    4 months 1 hour and 45 - 2 hours
    5 months 2 hours - 2.25 hours
    Late 5 months/early 6 months 2.25-2.5 hours
    6.5 - 7 months 2.75-3 hours. Some are getting more.
    8 - 10 months 3 - 4 hours. Some are getting more.
    11 - 12 months 3.5 -4.5 hours. Some are getting more if moved early to 1 nap

At three months old, I'd try putting her down after only 60-70 minutes of awake time (everything including eating, diapering, playing, etc) and the last 20 minutes of the suggested awake time is where she'll fall asleep. Yes, really, after only 60-70 minutes!!! Try putting her down even without sleepy signs. I found that when I waited for sleepy signs from DD (especially before 6 months old), I often would end up with an overtired baby.

Here's a post I wrote about sleep when DD was 3 months old, hope it helps!!!

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/29470977.aspx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thank you..will try that today and see what happens.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"