3rd Trimester

Early Labor: Mom's reaction vent

Hello all,

So I've been having mild contractions for about 7.5 hours now. Super early labor according to my MW who is letting me labor at home for awhile.

But any who, point of this post: I text my parents to let them know things may be getting started and we'll keep them posted if it progresses. My mom's exact response "Have you been pooping a lot? That's a good sign it is getting closer!"

Not, "has your water broken?" "any bloody show?" "how far apart are your contractions?" Nope, not my mom. She jumps straight to the bowel movements. Anyone else find that weird?

I'm sure I have a long ways to go. Everything is completely normal in between them, which I never realized. I thought I would be in agony for a day and a half. Nope, just agony for a minute at a time. On a separate note, the bump contraction timer is awesome. Sorry, I'm a little scatter brained. Well if anything exciting happens Rochella is my labor buddy and she'll pass on the details. I'm sticking in bump land/denial as long as DH will let me.

Re: Early Labor: Mom's reaction vent

• 39 weeks 5 days is "super early" to be in labor? Pardon for being confused...

• It is a little weird your Mom pulled out the poop thing. Oh well parents are bizarre, I know mine are :) At any rate good luck with the labour, I hope it progresses well and you get to meet your LO soon! Take it easy ( as easy as you can while in labour!)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • she means early labor as in not quite active labor yet.  not preterm labor.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Currently going through our second deployment. Can't wait for Zoe to meet her daddy!

• imageNillaWafers:
    39 weeks 5 days is "super early" to be in labor? Pardon for being confused...

I'm pretty sure she means the early stages of labor

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageNillaWafers:
    39 weeks 5 days is "super early" to be in labor? Pardon for being confused...

Sorry, not super early to be in labor. Super early labor, as in at the start line a long ways from the finish line. 

• imagedanienross:
    she means early labor as in not quite active labor yet.  not preterm labor.

yes! thank you for translating me. Smile

• Yay, Donna!  Congratulations!  He might be born on his due date (Levi was). :)
  • Aha! Thanks for clearing that up for me.

• My friend just informed me last night that diarrhea is a sign of early labor so your mom's comment is not too far off base.

Hope it all goes well - good luck!
  • Exciting news -- congrats!  (On the early labor, I mean, not your mom's poop question.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I dont find her reaction strange, with my last 2 babies that was exactly how I knew I was in labor....:o)
    Mom of 4....and Sept 2013 BRIDE!!!!
  • I don't find it strange being that it was your mom. A random coworker? Then yes, it would be strange. 
  • That was also my mom's and best friend's first clue that they were in labor. Of course that's not true for everyone, but it's common enough to be mentioned up there with any other typical early labor sign. GL!
  • I had an early delivery, but once my water broke, I had no signs of labor other than bad poop... All. day.

I had been in pre-term labor for over 3 weeks and once my water broke, contractions finally stopped. I just had a terrible upset stomach that whole day. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"