April 2011 Moms

opinions please...

My brother is getting married next week and I have the worst roots in history... my mom really wants me to dye my hair back to my natural color, but my husband doesn't want me to dye it at all the entire pregnancy. I just don't know what the risks are if there are any, and if you would dye your hair or let it go? Please help bc I have to ask my SIL to be if she wil do my hair for me on Sunday.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: opinions please...

• you'll get varying opinions on this board.. I'd say, ask your Doctor about any possible risks.

We know what your mom and DH want, but what do you want to do with you hair?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Get highlights in your natural color.  They are safe during pregnancy because they don't touch your scalp.
  • Loading the player...
  • I asked my doctor.  She said that there are certain "chemical-light" dyes - that are not actually DYES, they are more "color washes" that she's okay with.  But she said no actual dye.  She said to tell my hair dresser that I am PG and I don't want anything harsh.  If they don't have the right thing, skip it.

ETA: I don't think I made this clear - doctor preferred that I not get anything done, coloring wise, but said if I really wanted a touch up at some point, this was what she recommended.

Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • I have been considering trying henna rather than a commercial dye, since it's natural, and not as harsh.
    Missed Abortion (miscarriage) at 14 wks 4 d, baby measured at 12 weeks. Passed fetus at home and followed up with D&C on 10.24.10 BFP 6/25/11, Sophie born 3/7/12! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I kinda want my hair to be my natural color but only bc it bugs me when I have roots and I don't want the hospital pics to be me with ugly hair...lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagestewa1sr:
    I kinda want my hair to be my natural color but only bc it bugs me when I have roots and I don't want the hospital pics to be me with ugly hair...lol

ya know, you could always photo shop your roots away in pictures after the baby is born!  Hell, you could make it any color/style you want!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have also dyed my hair...

I have bleach it out once before I dyed it firetruck red.

And once that faded I used boxed dye.... Everything is a-ok on my end... I guess it depends on what your personal preference is...

I just made sure I was verrry well ventilated. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am waiting until after the first trimester.  I need to get something done.  Mine is pretty bad too.
  • I'm already half grey and will dye it until I am ready to go grey.

Doctor said it was ok.

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • What about just wearing your hair up?  If it's up and curly you can probably hide it! ;)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"