Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Sadly, I'm Going to Have to Block Someone I Like on Facebook :'(

Her "business" status:

it looks like we've found a kitchen!!!!! i'll keep you posted....but that means the official orders can begin! and a confession...i didn't make a turtle cupcake today. i made a dark chocolate with homemade marshmallow filling, chocolate ganache, and oreo covered marshmallows. pure yumminess.

I have been losing weight and toning up, because I promised DH I would train for a 1/2 marathon with him (his job is requiring it at the request of the widow).  Cupcake posts like this are.not.helping.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sadly, I'm Going to Have to Block Someone I Like on Facebook :'(

• Options
    imagethejennigirl:
    (his job is requiring it at the request of the widow).  

Really?  This seems rather inappropriate.  I totally get that LE folks need to be in good shape to perform their jobs, and for their own safety.  And I totally think they should pass certain health and fitness standards. 

But requiring that they train for a 1/2 marathon, at the request of the widow, doesn't sound legal to me.  

Either way, I feel your pain on the #%$^ cupcake posts.  Some people ONLY talk about food on FB.  It's challenging to read without salivating. 

• Options
    imageGladToBeMrs.SRS:
    imagethejennigirl:
    (his job is requiring it at the request of the widow).  

Really?  This seems rather inappropriate.  I totally get that LE folks need to be in good shape to perform their jobs, and for their own safety.  And I totally think they should pass certain health and fitness standards. 

But requiring that they train for a 1/2 marathon, at the request of the widow, doesn't sound legal to me.  

Either way, I feel your pain on the #%$^ cupcake posts.  Some people ONLY talk about food on FB.  It's challenging to read without salivating. 

Don't talk to the hubs.  He's whining as it is. 

I, on the other hand, am crazy excited about this, because he IS out of shape, and yet he refuses to maintain some kind of fitness program in his life.  He just got put on meds for high blood pressure & high cholesterol (sp?), and his thrroid has it's issues.

I want him around for many, many years to come, and if it takes something like this to get his butt motivated, then fine.  We have a year to train, and he has several group runs between now and then to build indurance and stamina.

(You know how excited I am, if I agreed to run too.  Because, as a rule, I don't run, unless something is chasing me with intentions of eating me.)

eta:  We wives knew she was making the request ahead of time.  Every widow gets one wish granted by the commissioner.  Some choose lifetime insurance for their kids, some request manning improvements, I know at least one widow requested all SUVs for their rather wintery station, and I think another, several years ago, requested that parents not have to work Christmas Day.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah...I agree with the fitness aspect.  And it *is* good that he's doing it.  But I have to say, I think I'd do more than whine if I were him.  I'd be PISSED.
  • Options

imageGladToBeMrs.SRS:
    Yeah...I agree with the fitness aspect.  And it *is* good that he's doing it.  But I have to say, I think I'd do more than whine if I were him.  I'd be PISSED.

It's a loyalty thing.  He may be whining, but he'd bend over backwards for her.  Just as her late-H would have done the same for me if J had been the one.

HOWEVER, I'm sure he's annoyed with the Captain for this directive Wink

• Options
    Relish it while it lasts!
  • Options

Ooh that is a difficult FB status.

GL with the 1/2 marathon!  I'm finding gearing up for a 5k a challenge! 

Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"