Parenting after 35

vaccine rash?

On 9/30, Caleb got shots during his 12 month check-up.  One of these was the chicken pox vaccine (he also got flu shots and MMR).  About a week later, he had a low grade fever for a couple of days.  I was able to manage it, and he didn't seem very miserable, so I didn't make much of it.  Today, he has fine red bumps on his face and front/back torso.  He no longer has the fever, and seems no worse for the wear.  Did any of you experience this after vaccines?  I thought if he was going to have symptoms/reactions it would have been sooner (it's been 10 days).
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: vaccine rash?

• Sounds like Roseola except that Caleb's fever was low, when Simon got Roseola his fever was 103.9.  Did the rash appear the next day after his fever broke?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep.  He was feverish Tuesday and yesterday, and now the rash (but no fever).  Oh, and I meant to say he got the vaccines on 9/20, not 9/30.  His fever never broke 102, it was always around 101.7 or thereabout.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Well I know that Roseola is 2-4 days of high fever followed by a rash on back and torso as soon as the fever breaks, with the rash lasting only a day or two, maybe he had that anyway or maybe it was some other random virus, or maybe a vaccine reaction, no clue but I'm glad his fever is gone now! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"