Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

JCPenny or Sears (for photos)

We have been to Sear for his 3 month photos and had good results but I have coupon for Penny's and was wondering what your experience was. Anyone done both and can compare prices? TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: JCPenny or Sears (for photos)

• Options
    I know Ab had some done at their local Penneys and they looked great on the preview screen but were very bad and blurry once they were printed. I'm sure that's just a store-by-store thing, but I don't think they gave her a full refund, which would really bug me.
    Jack Anderson 2.28.10 Our amazing little man. image
  • Options
    I thought about trying Penny's for like three seconds....until I saw the prices and the pictures a friend of ours had gotten there.  I don't know, we take pics every month at Sears...but we've been to a few different studios...and we've gotten great pictures every time. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah I remember that. The thing is I am taking a gamble with either here because they are both new to me. I just wish they would show their dang prices online!
  • Options
    I say custom photography if you can afford it.  If you find someone good, the results will be much, much better!
    MY BLOG image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I wasn't completely thrilled with Penney's to tell u the truth! I used to love them when DS #1 was small. The pictures came out good but the photogragher wasn't that good. I felt she missed many oppurtunities for good shots especially of the 2 boys together. Could have just been my experience, but it would stop me from going there in the future.
  • Options

imageHollysmoffett:
    I thought about trying Penny's for like three seconds....until I saw the prices and the pictures a friend of ours had gotten there.  I don't know, we take pics every month at Sears...but we've been to a few different studios...and we've gotten great pictures every time. 

Do you remember what the prices were like? I am thinking about getting some sort of package because all of our family is demanding photos.lol

• Options

And I'm not sure the difference in price but Penney's wasn't that cheap!

• Options

imagefinally2006:
    I say custom photography if you can afford it.  If you find someone good, the results will be much, much better!

I know but we got professional photos for his newborn shots and also for our maternity and I am saving that kind of money for when DH gets home and his 1 year photos. For me the 3,6,9 months can be done at a place like sears.

• Options
    Check CL for photographers starting out. I had my maternity pics done for $100, which included a cd with printing rights.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

i do jcp, its easy to find a coupon for either $4/sheet or $8 for 1 pose and you get more sheets of that pose than you do at sears for the same price.

Also i go back multiple times (and do 1 outfit per sitting b/c LO cant be happy go for that long) and then i can get mulitple sheets for me only, or get a couple of different poses packages for $8 each.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

i have tired...Sear, Walmart, and Target...and I lOVE target..they just seem more professional to me. We get her picture took every month, but only get one picture so it doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

BabyName Ticker
  • Options

These were the coupons I have or were looking at there is this one from Pennys https://www.jcpportraits.com/offers/portraitsoflove.html

or I have a 20% off my entire purchase (but there is a $9 sitting fee) for sears

opinions?

• Options
    imageStarAnnice:
    imageanabell0920:

These were the coupons I have or were looking at there is this one from Pennys https://www.jcpportraits.com/offers/portraitsoflove.html

or I have a 20% off my entire purchase (but there is a $9 sitting fee) for sears

opinions?

What's included?  How many pics in the package? 

Here's the $8 coupon for sears: https://searsportraits.com/cpi/en-US/offers/main/

The 20% off isn't for any packages. I think just regular photos. Oh but there isn't a sitting fee. Thanks for that coupon.

• Options
    If you have a Portrait Innovations near you, I suggest them over the department store places.  The package of your favorite pose is $9.95 then you can buy other poses by the sheet at something like $15/3 sheets.  We've done pics there several times and have been very happy with them (see siggy).
    2nd Birthday picture - Precious Poses Photography

Maren-2

Married 9-25-2004; Momma 12-14-2009

my read shelf:
    Katie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    imageStarAnnice:
    imageanabell0920:
    imageStarAnnice:
    imageanabell0920:

opinions?

What's included?  How many pics in the package? 

Here's the $8 coupon for sears: https://searsportraits.com/cpi/en-US/offers/main/

The 20% off isn't for any packages. I think just regular photos. Oh but there isn't a sitting fee. Thanks for that coupon.

No prob.  I joined the "smile savers" club, it was $10 and there's never a sitting fee, and they always toss in an extra 8x10 at each session.  I don't mind picking just 1 pose, since I know we'll be back a month later.  Did you see the pics I posted on your previous thread?  They were of M in his sailor suit?  Those were Sears. :)

Maybe I should go one day and do the JCpenny one and then Sears the next! lol I did he looked cute!

• Options

imageNastyAnnie:
    I know Ab had some done at their local Penneys and they looked great on the preview screen but were very bad and blurry once they were printed. I'm sure that's just a store-by-store thing, but I don't think they gave her a full refund, which would really bug me.

Yup

Stay away from Penny's.  I was sobbing in the car when I went to pick them up. 

And they are waaaaaaaaay overpriced.  I don't know if you have a Portrait Innovations near you, but we've had wonderful results with them!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

we've only used penny's so far and have used a coupon every time.  either the $4 traditional sheets or there's usually one for 40-50% off of the collections if you want more enhanced photos.  i don't think we've really ever spent more than $100 at any time for alot of pics.

this last time we just bought the disks and a couple sheets of wallets.  we've bought the disks from the other 2 sessions we've done there and split the costs with our parents and them just get them printed from shutterfly/walmart/etc. for a heck of alot cheaper.  (with the disks you have full rights to do whatever you want with the photos and any enhancements that they show you in the studio should be included on the disk for you....so you don't have to pay the outragous price for prints from them)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageBig J:
    Check CL for photographers starting out. I had my maternity pics done for $100, which included a cd with printing rights.
    This. I charge $50-$100. Many moms have told me that it works out to less than Sears once everything is said and done!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"