Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Baby is rejecting solids

We started DD on purees the day she turned 6 months old... we started off with carrots, and have also tried baby cereal mixed with breastmilk.  So far it's been a week of eating fail.  She just turns her head away and presses her lips together.  Did anyone else's kid do this?  How long did it take for the whole eating thing to catch on?  

FWIW- We aren't forcing it on her.  We give it a few tries and then end the meal.  Also, we've tried feeding her when she's very hungry as well as when she's not very hungry.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby is rejecting solids

• We're going through the same thing. Everything I reads seem to say that he'll eat when he's ready!
  • Same happened with me.  We started her on solids at 6 months, but she didn't really start opening her mouth for bites until 2 weeks later.  It was a lot harder than I thought it would be.  I was expecting lots of fun, but it was actually more frustrating at the beginning.  She'll get the hang of it, though!
  • Loading the player...
  • DS still despises purees! I've had to resort to giving him food he can pick up and feed himself with.  I guess he's going to be super independent.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • It took a couple weeks for her to want to eat from the spoon.  Give it another week or so.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • *still visitng from another board* One of DS's little friends would not eat solids ontil almost 9 months. Your kids knows what the good stuff is! JUst wait a few days and try again- also, there are other foods that you can try first, like avocado. Check out a website like wholesomebabyfood.com for ideas, and good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"