January 2011 Moms
Options

Swollen feet/ankles?

So my left foot is swelling a little bit after a day of work. Anyone else already swelling up?  I keep thinking I have 3 1/2 months left...I can't believe I'm already swelling, feeling so heavy, and so drained at the end of the day. I really don't remember feeling like this until about 6-8 weeks before ds was born..

Re: Swollen feet/ankles?

• Options
    Yeah mine did but have gotten better the past week. Drink lots of water (you end up peeing more and, therefore, pee out a lot of the built-up fluid that is causing the puffiness) and try to put your feet up at the end of the day for an hour or so. Foot massages help as well ;)
  • Options
    DH and I did A LOT of walking this weekend so my ankles did swell and have stayed kind of swollen since. Really hope they go down!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If I'm on my feet a lot during the day I will get swelling, but it goes away after laying down.
  • Options
    I have some mild swelling in my hands and feet too.  I usually put my feet up when I get home.  When I drink lots of water it helps a bit, but there is some still there.
  • Options

My feet (particularly my left) have been swelling since August.  I attribute that to the fact that I am a teacher and I spend a lot of time on my feet.  My doc told me back in Aug when school started to start sitting more.  I try but some days are harder than others.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I'm a teacher too and also have lots of foot and ankle swelling.  What can you do?  I have to be on my feet.

I put my feet up when I get home and drink lots of water.  Other than that, I guess I just deal with it =( 

• Options
    Mine have been so bad that even my flipflops are cutting into my feet..its been 2 days..i am pushing water like crazy but nothing seems to help :( i wonder if I should call the dr.
  • Options
    I have had swelling for the past two months.  My mom shared with me that she had really bad swelling in the last few weeks when she was pregnant with me and was put on bedrest.  I guess I'm going to have to keep an eye on it.  My shoe selection has definitely decreased.
  • Options

Everyday for a month now my feet have been swollen.  Dr. told me at my last visit that I could get away without pressure socks until it got cooler.  I'll probably start those soon.  They really do make my legs feel better.  

I have a question though for everyone else.  Does swelling necessarily mean you have pitting edema?  You know, where you push in on your skin and a dent stays there?  I thought they went hand in hand, but a friend of mine that just had a baby said she swelled but didn't have the pitting.  Mine definitely pit.  I can't wear anything but ankle socks or I get a ring around my leg just from my socks. 

• Options
    Sleep on your left side (it really does help) this hotter summer weather seems to be causing swelling sooner.
  • Options
    Yes, my feet/ankles/legs gets swollen when I'm on it a lot. After walking or standing on my feet for two hours, it starts to swell up a bit. It's even worse when I wear my flip flops! =(
    (Me) 30 & (DH) 32 {Together 11 years - Married 04.17.15}

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    TTC Baby #2 since 06/15 | BFP 9/4/15 | EDD 5/07/16

BabyGaga
  • Options
    It seems like the more I walk, the bigger my feet get.  Both my sister and mom said it started for them around 20 weeks, so I was kind of expecting it!  It's super uncomfortable. I have to lay on the couch with my feet up to make them feel better.  I also need to drink more water!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    OMG... today was really bad and I wasn't sure why... glad I am not alone!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"