February 2011 Moms

Easy breakfasts I can take with me?

I'm a cereal/eggs/oatmeal kind of breakfast girl. I love my breakfast! But it seems that my body doesn't like it on the days i have to eat at 4:30 am, which is a couple of days a week. Everything is fine if I don't eat for just a little longer, like 6:00ish.

So, I need ideas of what I can eat for breakfast while at work on my 6:00 mornings! I am absolutely unoriginal with food, unfortunately.

Any ideas? Some of you ladies have some great ideas.

Dee, Mommy to: Sofia, born 2/9/11, as well as three dogs, two cats and a multitude of chinchillas. Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Easy breakfasts I can take with me?

• I make mini breakfast quiches on the weekend in muffin cups/tin that I freeze and take with me on mornings after nuking. I also usually have a mini whole wheat bagel and some skim cream cheese. yum... I just ate dinner and now I am hungry...
  • Buy packets of instant oatmeal and store them at work.  Add hot water from the coffee pot, and stir.  I even add extra water so I can drink it out of a coffee mug in meetings without looking like I'm eating. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I scramble a bunch of eggs with mushrooms, black olives, peppers, chopped up lunch meat ham, etc, and then make up a bunch of breakfast burritos in tortillas with cheese and salsa.  Then I wrap each one in wax paper and put in a freezer bag and freeze them all.  It's really easy to take one with you and pop it into the microwave for couple of minutes.  They're really yummy.  Also, my other favorite on the run breakfast is a Fiber One bar and a yogurt.  Maybe it doesn't sound so great, but it's fast and easy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Check out my blog ThreeHundredPages.com Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Protein shake that you mix with milk, bagel and cream cheese, yogurt, apple.

LOVE the idea about mini-quiches!

• Here are some things that I do:

Take a bagel with some flavored cream cheese - I love strawberry and veggie kinds

Any kind of fruit that you can take in a ziploc or something else - a banana, grapes, strawberries, apple, etc.

Yogurt is a really good choice : )

On my days where I feel like being "fat" haha, I will go by the gas station and grab a Yoohoo and some little doughnuts : )

BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• PB&J on whole grain waffles and an apple or a banana
  • I love Nature Valley Peanut Butter granola bars.  
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I sometimes take cereal in a SOLO cup! Just eat it at red lights.

A frozen waffle with cream cheese

Yogurt

Toaster Hash browns- love these but obviously you can't eat them every day!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"